Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

Registered
2021 Q3 35TFSI SLine Daytona Grey sound and comfort pack, puddlelights
Got ours booked in but not till March, they want it for two days which was a bit of a surprise but hey ho we live in hope.

Registered
Got ours booked in but not till March, they want it for two days which was a bit of a surprise but hey ho we live in hope.
Will be good to know if it does sort it, I don't really want to loose the car for a day or two, to then get it back with no difference! Will try and push for some sort of compensation too 馃榿.
Let us know how you get on.

Registered
Will be good to know if it does sort it, I don't really want to loose the car for a day or two, to then get it back with no difference! Will try and push for some sort of compensation too 馃榿.
Let us know how you get on.
Yes I am with you on that one, and yes will let you know the results.

Registered
2021 Q3 40TSFI navarro blue
Well looks like the software upgrade done last week has worked - no resets during 2 drives which would definitely not have been the case !!! Now off to deal with Audi Customer service and my promised 鈥渓arge gesture of goodwill鈥濔煒傪煒

Registered
I have also been having many issues since collecting in June 2021. Mine has gone in today for the software update so fingers crossed! I鈥檝e also been promised a 鈥済esture of goodwill鈥 by Audi UK and the Customer Relations Manager that I have spoken with agreed that everyone would be dealt with on a case by case basis with regards to compensation.

Super Moderator
Hmm.... it'd better be good, otherwise a lot of very pi55ed-off Audi owners will be making their own "gesture" to them...

.I..
:devilish:

Registered
2021 Q3 40TSFI navarro blue
managed to secure a Free 2 year servicing deal from Audi which I consider acceptable in the circumstances - car behaving fully since upgrade to software so consider matter dealt with and at an end

Registered
Our 2021 A3 35e hybrid is riddled with similar issues. Been back into Portsmouth who tried everything from software updates to full factory software reinstallation. Seems to work for a while but then comes back worse than ever. We have the SOS fault in addition to more warning messages in a few months than I think I鈥檝e ever had in my years driving. Vision warnings, Radar warnings, brake assist warnings, flat tyre warnings plus a random refusal to charge or ever open the charge port door in some occasions.
Currently back at Leeds Sytner, they鈥檝e had it over a month and apparently there is a fix coming at the end of March. Funny that, so far we have had Sept鈥21, Dec鈥21, late Jan鈥22 and now late March鈥22.
So far we鈥檝e had first compensation of 拢500 and just been advised of second compensation 拢350. Currently driving a model3 Tesla as a loan car that is two years old and not without its faults. Random emergency stops for no obvious reason!!

Super Moderator
...but apart from that the car's OK? Strewth mate, I'm surprised you haven't already rejected the car - I certainly would have done. Audis - and the Q3 in particular - used to be pretty much bomb-proof but the current crop of electronics and other faults would be enough to drive me into the hands of JLR (well, perhaps not that far!).

I hope the latest software update actually cures the issues! Welcome to the club. :)

Registered
...but apart from that the car's OK? Strewth mate, I'm surprised you haven't already rejected the car - I certainly would have done. Audis - and the Q3 in particular - used to be pretty much bomb-proof but the current crop of electronics and other faults would be enough to drive me into the hands of JLR (well, perhaps not that far!).

I hope the latest software update actually cures the issues! Welcome to the club. :)
It鈥檚 not that easy. Firstly it鈥檚 a lease vehicle and there鈥檚 the contract. They have been great hence the Tesla we are running about in. Secondly, a replacement Audi is circa 9 months lead time away and thirdly, buying new faces a lengthy wait and used prices are ridiculous. Can鈥檛 walk away completely either as I drive a two seater and there are three of us.
In normal times I absolutely would have rejected it and got something else but can鈥檛 see an easy solution currently. It鈥檚 gone past 6 months but as both Audi and ourselves know, the fault has been there since delivery so my right of rejection is obviously extended hopefully.

Super Moderator
In my experience leasing companies have enormous power with manufacturer/importers in way that private owners don't. The manufacturer/importer will have an internal department that only deals with leasing companies who often represent a sizeable chunk of the annual sales target - they have the capacity to move the most stubborn of obstacles.

My wretched and ill-fated RR Evoque was leased and I rejected it as not fit for purpose as it spent more time in the dealer (Guy Salmon) than I did driving it. Only downside was a call on a Friday morning to say they (the leasing company) were collecting the car the following Monday without a replacement vehicle - I went and bought a used Audi A1 that weekend.

Registered
It seems a tad ironic (annoying) that there are still masses of car adverts on tv, all telling about the electronic trickery, but no mention that you might get a 100th birthday message from the queen before you get your car and maybe not the spec your paid for.

Super Moderator
It seems a tad ironic (annoying) that there are still masses of car adverts on tv, all telling about the electronic trickery,
...but no-one's guaranteeing that any of it actually WORKS. :rolleyes:

Reactions: DavidS

Registered
Got ours back today after taking it in yesterday for the update, so far so good but obviously early doors and settled for 拢150 comp as we already have a service plan so couldn鈥檛 push for a free service but as it hasn鈥檛 been that much of an inconvenience as we rarely use the satnav.

Registered
Think you should push for more. Latest goodwill from Audi was 拢700 and I鈥檝e had two lots before that, think it鈥檚 拢1250 in total so far.
Typical I have already excepted it after coming home and discussing it with the finance minister (she who must be obeyed) are well not that bothered as said it wasn鈥檛 much of an inconvenience to me personally, but do appreciate if you use your Satnav every day it would be an utter pain.

Registered
It's a very weird issue this. As I've said before on here, the only time I get the problem is on my monthly run down to Gloucester from Cambridgeshire, and it's at exactly the same points on the M42 and on the outskirts of Gloucester; I have yet to have an issue during my regular driving routes at home.........However, we drove down to Heathrow on Sunday via the A1 and stopped at South Mimms with zero issues, but from South Mimms to our hotel on the M25, it was rebooting every 5 minutes or so, lost data connection, and I had the SOS bong go off as well. Next morning, everything was back as it should be.....until I actually got on the ring road to T5, and it all went pear shaped again.

I suspect all will be well when we get back next week.....until we get on the M25 again. The car is in for it's first service on the 12th and they're doing the software update then; my first run down to Gloucester after that will be interesting........But couldn't be less bothered at the moment, it's warm and sunny here in Vegas:cool:

Registered
It's a very weird issue this. As I've said before on here, the only time I get the problem is on my monthly run down to Gloucester from Cambridgeshire, and it's at exactly the same points on the M42 and on the outskirts of Gloucester; I have yet to have an issue during my regular driving routes at home.........However, we drove down to Heathrow on Sunday via the A1 and stopped at South Mimms with zero issues, but from South Mimms to our hotel on the M25, it was rebooting every 5 minutes or so, lost data connection, and I had the SOS bong go off as well. Next morning, everything was back as it should be.....until I actually got on the ring road to T5, and it all went pear shaped again.

I suspect all will be well when we get back next week.....until we get on the M25 again. The car is in for it's first service on the 12th and they're doing the software update then; my first run down to Gloucester after that will be interesting........But couldn't be less bothered at the moment, it's warm and sunny here in Vegas:cool:
It's definitely to do with cell towers etc. I live just off the A1 near London so often driving near South Mimms ALWAYS have an issue here, along with just near Borehamwood. I also drove into central London a few months ago and was getting errors every couple of miles or so. Software update was done last week, although whilst it was being done Audi called to say they had to replace the unit because it became non responsive whilst performing the update and so far since then I've had no issues, although now I'm having a problem where the setup wizard won't go away when I try and login to myAudi. It says I'm logged in but keeps asking me to re login again and then tells me a technical error occurred. Anyone else experienced this with the update?

Registered
Quick update. After the MMI update on the 12 April, today I did my first trip on my route down to Gloucester that consistently caused the problem at the same points on the M42 and M5. No issues whatsoever in either direction, so the update has fixed my issues:)

Registered
I have a new Q3 and from the outset have had problems with the MMI system. To start with, I could not load myself as a user - this was tried in front of the dealer but I still took the car. The next morning I managed to load it and this was start of problems. My wife cannot add herself as a user and various messages load when we鈥檙e driving along. For example, the other day we were driving along with the radio on when the radio cut out and the screen said loading personal settings - this happened twice on our outbound journey and twice on the return. Twice we could not have been more in the centre of our lane and it came up with 鈥淟ane departure warning鈥. I have also had Traffic sign recognition: fault on a few occasions and some other messages that I cannot remember.
Audi had this for 2 days and could not fix it. They wanted a 3rd day but I was not prepared to be without a car for 3 days running, it is now booked in for another 2 days later this month - does that mean if they had it for the 3rd day they would need a 4th!!
Anyone had these problems?
Do you think I have a lemon!
Hi I have a Q3 June 2021 have had exactly the same issues no joy yet been on the go since I got the car excuses all the way how can Audi get away with it should of taken it back immediately but believed them when told it would be dealt with when they got around to it with new software eventually

41 - 60 of 72 Posts