Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
Good material for the BBC Watchdog program then - you can call Audi CS back and say you have logged the issue with them, don't take no for an answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a new Q3 and from the outset have had problems with the MMI system. To start with, I could not load myself as a user - this was tried in front of the dealer but I still took the car. The next morning I managed to load it and this was start of problems. My wife cannot add herself as a user and various messages load when we’re driving along. For example, the other day we were driving along with the radio on when the radio cut out and the screen said loading personal settings - this happened twice on our outbound journey and twice on the return. Twice we could not have been more in the centre of our lane and it came up with “Lane departure warning”. I have also had Traffic sign recognition: fault on a few occasions and some other messages that I cannot remember.
Audi had this for 2 days and could not fix it. They wanted a 3rd day but I was not prepared to be without a car for 3 days running, it is now booked in for another 2 days later this month - does that mean if they had it for the 3rd day they would need a 4th!!
Anyone had these problems?
Do you think I have a lemon!
im currently having the exact same issues!
They won’t give me a courtesy car and I’m classed as disabled and need a car.
complete joke.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My new Audi Q3 S-Line sportback, was first registered March 2020, and we have had numerous issues with what I call 'Ghost' messages, navigation issues, and problems with the remote app, which failed after a couple of month. Nobody tells you that after using the 10 digit key code 10 times to log in you are logged out, (having been repeatedly told by Audi Digital to log out as a key user), and have to 'purchase' a new code. Fortunately my dealership did it FoC. It really is a complete joke, after 15 months of issues, even down to the point that is would not accept the new code which the dealership could not believe, I have managed to get Audi Digital and Audi UK customer care to sit up and take notice, after going round in ever decreasing circles for the past 15 months. The finals straw for me was when the car flashed up 'Drive System failure take to workshop'. We had call the AA and they came out, interrogated the system no fault codes shown, guy said that they were getting this all the time, with both BMW and Audi, not so much with Mercedes. The car went into the dealership, who I cannot praise enough, found no error codes, but adjusted the parameters on the SOS button and this appears to have resolved the issue. The car has been at the dealership for the past week trying to address some of the issues. They told me that there is a major software update coming out in November that will address issues of error messages and the MMI system 'greying out'.
These cars are not cheap, and Audi should hang their head in shame, we had a Q2 before which gave us no trouble whatsoever, and I wish I had kept it. I will think long and hard before I purchase another model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've since escalated this 3 times to my Audi dealership and on the last note to the general manager I "demanded" a replacement car or software fix within 2 weeks. The manager responded saying he understood the situation but it was out of his hands and down to the brand. He did offer a refund, less wear and depreciation - given ive only owned the car exactly 6 months and the current state of the used and new car market I will not be taking that offer! The general manager at my local dealership, where I have bought 8 Audis in the past, has been good at getting back to me and seems genuinely upset that he can do no more for me. He did attach an Audi UK letter to his last email that does mention the end of November software fix (I have attached this for information below). This letter focuses on the SOS emergency call function that may cause intermittent problems with the MMI, but to be clear our issues are:
  • Sat Nav - completely inoperable, unable to set destinations, view current or previous locations. The MMI thinks the car is just offshore Den Haag, where it has been for the last few months!
  • Telephone - doesn't work at all
  • Radio - intermittent at best as when MMI messages about reconfiguring WiFi or how the vehicle is equipped with "dynamic data collection" are displayed it cuts off the radio - note when we use the car we turn off the MMI display
  • Traffic Sign warning - intermittently flashes up on screen saying "consult owners manual"
  • Audi app - incorrect data held on car and unable to view users or select users in car
  • Audi car play - unable to use the phone when connected, although we can only hear incoming calls. Google maps works intermittently then disappears when an MMI message flashes up
We did get a small goodwill gesture to help pay for a weekend away but I will be taking this further with Audi UK even if the November software update proves successful!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
Thanks for sharing the letter.

Really you should have placed this in the hands of a solicitor - you have provided ample time for a resolution which hasn't been forthcoming and the goods sold to you are clearly not fit for purpose.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Well that document really explains what I was experiencing and still often get SOS warning but usually disappears on its own.
How about trying a factory reset if not already done for MMI and don't try to put a user for sometime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've since escalated this 3 times to my Audi dealership and on the last note to the general manager I "demanded" a replacement car or software fix within 2 weeks. The manager responded saying he understood the situation but it was out of his hands and down to the brand. He did offer a refund, less wear and depreciation - given ive only owned the car exactly 6 months and the current state of the used and new car market I will not be taking that offer! The general manager at my local dealership, where I have bought 8 Audis in the past, has been good at getting back to me and seems genuinely upset that he can do no more for me. He did attach an Audi UK letter to his last email that does mention the end of November software fix (I have attached this for information below). This letter focuses on the SOS emergency call function that may cause intermittent problems with the MMI, but to be clear our issues are:
  • Sat Nav - completely inoperable, unable to set destinations, view current or previous locations. The MMI thinks the car is just offshore Den Haag, where it has been for the last few months!
  • Telephone - doesn't work at all
  • Radio - intermittent at best as when MMI messages about reconfiguring WiFi or how the vehicle is equipped with "dynamic data collection" are displayed it cuts off the radio - note when we use the car we turn off the MMI display
  • Traffic Sign warning - intermittently flashes up on screen saying "consult owners manual"
  • Audi app - incorrect data held on car and unable to view users or select users in car
  • Audi car play - unable to use the phone when connected, although we can only hear incoming calls. Google maps works intermittently then disappears when an MMI message flashes up
We did get a small goodwill gesture to help pay for a weekend away but I will be taking this further with Audi UK even if the November software update proves successful!
This literally explains the same issues that I have always had with mine since May '21. Additionally I also get told SOS Emergency call is not working and multiple other messages such as 'Limited Visibility' and also to call my workshop for various reasons.

I'm currently in the process of exchanging my car elsewhere. I also had a Q2 and had zero issues. The dealership and Audi UK have shown no empathy and I'm just fed up of paying for a car with so much tech yet it needs to have a phone mount on the window so I can use Sat Nav on my phone and take calls whilst driving.

So disappointed and frustrated with them :(

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
Welcome Bethanylouise - wish it was in happier circumstances.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Seen this all before in the computer industry. Famine of a particular component means that purchasing look around for an identical component from another source. What they end up getting is an equivalent component with subtle differences. I have got no doubt that Audi will resolve the issue by issuing a firmware update. It is a little disconcerting that the new component was not batch soak tested and the final MMI testing at the factory is obviously not thorough enough.

Reactions: Gromit

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a new Q3 and from the outset have had problems with the MMI system. To start with, I could not load myself as a user - this was tried in front of the dealer but I still took the car. The next morning I managed to load it and this was start of problems. My wife cannot add herself as a user and various messages load when we’re driving along. For example, the other day we were driving along with the radio on when the radio cut out and the screen said loading personal settings - this happened twice on our outbound journey and twice on the return. Twice we could not have been more in the centre of our lane and it came up with “Lane departure warning”. I have also had Traffic sign recognition: fault on a few occasions and some other messages that I cannot remember.
Audi had this for 2 days and could not fix it. They wanted a 3rd day but I was not prepared to be without a car for 3 days running, it is now booked in for another 2 days later this month - does that mean if they had it for the 3rd day they would need a 4th!!
Having the same problem too still awaiting a fix been told Christmas

·
Registered
2021 Q3 40TSFI navarro blue
13 Posts
Hi sadly I have exactly same issues with my 21 plate Q3 - will try the reset before it heads off to the service garage (W London Audi who have been useless) next week but have been Told by the dealership I bought it from (lakeside Audi-who have been great) that Audi fully know about the issues and that I can expect “a large gesture of goodwill” from them whatever that means??!!
In deepest darkest Suffolk last week on a trip away for a few days MMI would not even work so left with no sat nav or entertainment until we reached civilisation again at Colchester 😀
Will see what reset/software upgrade does next week to resolve situation- next stop Trading Standards 😱😱

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi sadly I have exactly same issues with my 21 plate Q3 - will try the reset before it heads off to the service garage (W London Audi who have been useless) next week but have been Told by the dealership I bought it from (lakeside Audi-who have been great) that Audi fully know about the issues and that I can expect “a large gesture of goodwill” from them whatever that means??!!
In deepest darkest Suffolk last week on a trip away for a few days MMI would not even work so left with no sat nav or entertainment until we reached civilisation again at Colchester 😀
Will see what reset/software upgrade does next week to resolve situation- next stop Trading Standards 😱😱
Hello Mike,
Thanks for that. My dealership (Tetbury Audi have been absolutely brilliant), still waiting on a date for the software upgrade, apparently nothing released yet, supposed to be last week January, ie NOW!
As for a large gesture of goodwill? Would be interested to see what that translates into. I have been dealing with Audi Customer Care UK, (who keep wanting to refer to the dealership), who I have no argument with, as I have told them my argument is with Audi for selling something that frankly is not fit for purpose.
To date as compensation I have got next year's service at their cost, and up to £500 towards extending the warranty when it expires March 2023.
When you buy a premium brand you should not expect this sort of hassle. I agree next stop Trading Standards.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Mike,
Thanks for that. My dealership (Tetbury Audi have been absolutely brilliant), still waiting on a date for the software upgrade, apparently nothing released yet, supposed to be last week January, ie NOW!
As for a large gesture of goodwill? Would be interested to see what that translates into. I have been dealing with Audi Customer Care UK, (who keep wanting to refer to the dealership), who I have no argument with, as I have told them my argument is with Audi for selling something that frankly is not fit for purpose.
To date as compensation I have got next year's service at their cost, and up to £500 towards extending the warranty when it expires March 2023.
When you buy a premium brand you should not expect this sort of hassle. I agree next stop Trading Standards.
Markp
I await gesture details but interesting to see what you have been offered to date!.
Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Markp
I await gesture details but interesting to see what you have been offered to date!.
Mike
Hi Mike you might like to know, that I booked my Q3 in for its second service, due this month. Whilst doing this I inquired about the MMi software update due in January this year, to be advised that Audi have now released the Q3 update, so this will be done when the car is serviced, will keep you posted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
thanks markp - the garage also told today that the software update due tomorrow on the car will take care of all known issues including SOS and MMI resetting!! - I remain to be convinced :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had the same problem with mine had a phone call from Audi today have software update to fix the problem booked in for the end of the month. Hopefully that will sort it . In the meantime have you tried logging in as a guest your find the system works as it should done but you can’t save your preferences.

·
Registered
2021 Q3 35TFSI SLine Daytona Grey sound and comfort pack, puddlelights
135 Posts
This is good to know will give the dealer a bell to get mine sorted fingers cross🤞
You would think as a few on hear have said about logging in as a guest which I also tried and it does work it would have been an easy thing for Audi to update and fix? it has been quite a while for this update to arrive let’s hope that all of us that are affected are not disappointe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, once someone has had this update done please could you post to let us know if it has resolved the issue. We are having the same issue with our 21 plate Q3 vorsprung 45tfsi, seems to actually be getting worse! Been in once for them to look into it which just reset all our settings but still cuts out and has sos not working warning etc. all the time!

I also have a new VW caddy for work, this has the same issues! I thought it was just me but seems to be a VW Audi group software issue.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts