Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2014 RSQ3 Sepang blue.
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I'm looking at a 63 plate, 2 owners & very low miles.
The garage have confirmed it's had the plugs changed twice & the Haldex oil changed recently. They tell me as the car hasn't covered anywhere near 38K miles the gearbox oil doesn't need to be done yet. Is that correct is it purely a mileage thing & not age related?
My other slight concern is the front brakes...
I'm told they're 70% worn therefore they won't change them before I buy, they would if at 80%. I can't help feeling thats a bit harsh considering I'll be spending over £20K on the car.
Would you walk away over that?
Cheers Menace.

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
206 Posts
The front brakes are probably the most expensive part to service. Discs are over £500 and pads are £200 for EBC or nearer £300 for oem so when they say 70% worn, what are the actual discs like? If you can feel a lip they're due a change shortly.
I'd not walk away from it but then I'd want a deal to take it as is.
Whats the spec like and your general impression of the car?
I would say most if not all RSQ3's will be looked after, you don't spend over £45k on a Q3 and not look after it and most original purchasers will be enthusiastic about their cars.
Having said that it was 2 years before I found one that I wanted lol
Do your research on the options as they really do make the car

·
Registered
2014 RSQ3 Sepang blue.
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply Ju
It's the colour I want Sepang blue, Pan roof, Diamond stitched Napa leather, Tech pack, LED interior light package & privacy glass.
The garage bought it from the 1st owner & have serviced it since, so full Audi S/H, the second owner has had the car 5 years & it's only done between 2-4K miles a year going off MOT check.
I won't be able to view in person before I collect as it's over 200 miles from me.
They haven't moved much on the asking price £500 telling me the market is buoyant, which considering I had a short list of 5 cars & 3 have sold in the last 48 hours seems to be true.
It will be for my Mrs so unlikely to see any spirited driving unless I'm behind the wheel ;-)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thanks for the reply Ju
It's the colour I want Sepang blue, Pan roof, Diamond stitched Napa leather, Tech pack, LED interior light package & privacy glass.
The garage bought it from the 1st owner & have serviced it since, so full Audi S/H, the second owner has had the car 5 years & it's only done between 2-4K miles a year going off MOT check.
I won't be able to view in person before I collect as it's over 200 miles from me.
They haven't moved much on the asking price £500 telling me the market is buoyant, which considering I had a short list of 5 cars & 3 have sold in the last 48 hours seems to be true.
It will be for my Mrs so unlikely to see any spirited driving unless I'm behind the wheel ;-)
Sounds like a nice car from the spec and a good history.
They will be reluctant to do the front brakes as they know the cost to replace but £500 is a good way towards that and worse case scenario you can do the discs and pads yourself for around £700.
I bought mine without seeing it as it was 250 miles away.....all part of the fun and excitement lol

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Viewing cars remotely. Ask the dealer to do you a video, and send it via WhatsApp. Give them a list of the things you want to see brake discs obviously, seats etc, paint chips at the front.

It's perfectly possible that the dealer is saying the brakes are '70%' worn because they have looked at the disc pads. The 8U RSQ3 disc pads start life brand-new actually thinner than conventional pads -- so unless the tech that checked it is ultra familiar with Audi RS then they wouldn't know....might not be 70% worn after all. However discs, with OEM pads typically need changing at around the 30k mile mark hence the the desire to fit EBC Redstuff pads (low dust, low disc wear). The calipers are 8 piston jobs with 4 pads each side - they are Awesome stoppers!

·
Registered
2014 RSQ3 Sepang blue.
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi John
I've had the video, the car is in amazing condition considering its age. I'm told their best tech checked the discs.....
I don't think it's going to put me off buying TBH.
Any chance of a link where to buy the correct discs & pads from please?
Also does anyone know of a reputable independent in the Manchester area I could use when the time comes?
I feel it's always better to go somewhere that others have used, rather than reviews off the internet.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Great!

Discs - One of the forum sponsors is Crewe Audi, Tom Fox in the Parts Dept does Club members great deals, email him: [email protected] Tom will quote you a discounted, delivered price. Tell him you are a Q3 Owners Club member. The discs are boat-anchor heavy..I'm not joking, if you see cheaper on Fleabay check that price includes carriage.

Pads: EBC Redstuff Brake Pads DP31513C £200.06.

Reactions: Gromit

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thumbs up for Tom at crewe audi....sorted me the black badges for a great price delivered! (y)
Is it me or is there a new "potential RSQ3 purchase" thread every other day atm?
I think they make a great used buy considering what you get for your buck!

Reactions: TheJam and Gromit

·
Registered
409 Posts
There seems to have been a run on RSQ3s over the last 6 months or so judging by the lack of 8Us on the AUDI approved used website. The prices seem quite strong as well. The used F3 RS is almost outnumbering them.

·
Registered
2014 RSQ3 Sepang blue.
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great!

Discs - One of the forum sponsors is Crewe Audi, Tom Fox in the Parts Dept does Club members great deals, email him: [email protected] Tom will quote you a discounted, delivered price. Tell him you are a Q3 Owners Club member. The discs are boat-anchor heavy..I'm not joking, if you see cheaper on Fleabay check that price includes carriage.

Pads: EBC Redstuff Brake Pads DP31513C £200.06.
Excellent thanks John I've emailed Tom & will be ordering once the deal is done!

·
Super Moderator
5,965 Posts
...Also does anyone know of a reputable independent in the Manchester area I could use when the time comes?
I feel it's always better to go somewhere that others have used, rather than reviews off the internet.
Take a look through this thread - it was set up specifically for that purpose.

Reactions: -Ju- and Menace

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi John
I've had the video, the car is in amazing condition considering its age. I'm told their best tech checked the discs.....
I don't think it's going to put me off buying TBH.
Any chance of a link where to buy the correct discs & pads from please?
Also does anyone know of a reputable independent in the Manchester area I could use when the time comes?
I'm in the Manchester area and use Volksmaster (Ashton Rd, Oldham) to look after mine. Full access to Audi electronic service database also... ;)

Reactions: Menace

·
Registered
2014 RSQ3 Sepang blue.
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the replies much appreciated.
Tom @ Crewe Audi said they did have a deal on the discs which has now ended & the best he could do is £600, still way better than list though.
Hopefully collecting on Friday, I now have 2 sleepless nights to get through!

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you don't mind going the ebay route they usually pop up around £500.
So does that mean deposit down, sleepless nights and welcome to the club? 👋

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
There were a pair on Fleabay for £500, buyer collect only - which I can understand. I had a pair under the garage bench for a while - when handed over to the the scrap metal guy it was like all his Christmas dreams had arrived at once - they are serious lumps of steel.

·
Registered
RSQ3 Performance Dec 66 plate,
38 Posts
I have some back disc,s & pads, And front pads with about 9K on them free to anyone.

·
Registered
2014 RSQ3 Sepang blue.
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Collection tomorrow, I have to say I'm REALLY looking forward to the 235 mile drive home! Pics when I'm back :cool:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had 250 miles in torrential rain......loved it lol

Reactions: Jackal
1 - 20 of 61 Posts