Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
If you use the KTM FORUM, most items go off topic within 3 posts!
It’s a natural evolution from the road noise question.
Darwin would have been proud. 😂

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice GSXR, what is the bluish one?

I have never even ridden a sports bike :oops: I have never been able to fold myself into one, let alone try and go anywhere. Doesn’t help being brought up with British bikes and never getting into fours. Singles, triples and parallel & vee twins for me. KTM 950SM was my ‘extreme’ bike for 7 years.
View attachment 2524
Off topic :giggle: its a K6 750 nice KTM

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Slightly off topic...... What is a lambretta? Is this a variant of a KTM? :):)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Isn’t it a type of wine …… oh sorry that lambrini
( I use the term wine in the loosest way)

·
Super Moderator
6,158 Posts
Ah yes, sadly I'm old enough! Also purveyors of a half-decent chicken supreme. They were around at the same time as the original scooters - as indeed was I... 🧓

As far as comparative bike talk is concerned though, I'm staying strictly out of it - speaking as one whose one and only foray onto two wheels was a Honda 50 that I kept just long enough to pass my motorcycle test before selling it the next day and buying a bubblecar, my bike cred is so low it could walk upright under a snake's belly with a bowler hat on. 😳🥴

Reactions: DavidS

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
My first two wheel transport was a Honda SS50 sports moped...Reg NUD68M...my father bought it for me for about £35, brand new including a year's insurance and I repaid him at about £1 a week..in 1973, that got replaced in 1974 with a Yamaha RD200 with electric start (very funky at the time), Reg KWL291N, and that in turn was replaced with a Kawasaki KZ400 twin, Reg HGL357N...got knocked off that and the spare parts took many months to come...switched to a car in the meanwhile - a FWD Triumph 1300TC.... Some years later I had a Yamaha XS500, a Suzuki Stinger twin and a Ducati single as restoration projects and then in 1997 I bought a crashed 1996 Yamaha Vmax that had been stripped to a pile of bits...on a whim as I was working in Denver CO, USA at the time and had it shipped back to UK in a crate...a big kit with no instructions. Sold that in 2003...

Now I have a very close friend who is an ITU nurse at UHCW in Coventry and sees the results of riding bikes on congested roads in the 21st century, most times it isn't the kids that get smashed up with life changing injuries or who are beyond repair but us chaps in our mature years. My biking days are over, I'm sticking to shotguns - a whole lot safer.. :unsure:

·
Registered
32 Posts
in 1977 wanted an RD250 but parents intervened :rolleyes: so had a Suzuki GT185. Over the next 4 years upgraded to a GS550 and then the GS1000S. Stopped riding when I joined the RAF in case of the unplanned trip to hospital affecting training.

Loved my ice-cream van colour scheme

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Lovely bike. And I love the blue and white rather than the ubiquitous blue and black.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts