Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joined the group a few months ago while I waited for my Q3. Picked it up yesterday and must say I'm well pleased. There's just one question, does anyone no the correct tyre pressure for 20" tyres as there's no sticker on car anywhere as pressures are 39psi which seems very high. Anyway here's a picture of my beauty.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the gang. Nice colour. If you open the drivers door there is a sticker on the B pillar giving you the pressures. They should be 38psi all the way around. What spec is your Q3?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, and welcome to the gang. Nice colour. If you open the drivers door there is a sticker on the B pillar giving you the pressures. They should be 38psi all the way around. What spec is your Q3?
Thanks for the info, tyres read 39psi so need to let a little out, Thought they were way over. My Q3 is 35 tfsi (MHEV) s tonic black edition, comfort & sound pk, 20" wheels & extended light pk.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Magic, you have the C&S pack and S-tronic. My previous Q3 had 19" wheels, the current one has 20". I have the sports suspension which I believe is standard on yours. No matter what the wheel size the ride's very comfortable.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hi and welcome.
Love the wheels in particular.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I am interested in who manufactured your tyres. Mine are Hankook.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I have had about 5500 miles with Hankook, the first time I have used them. They are really good in the dry and wet and excel in snow. Also, they are very predictable. I have no idea how durable they are as I have not done enough miles yet. Providing I get a reasonable number of miles from a set then I will be replacing them with the same.

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
The RS came with Bridgestone Potenza S005 (also 255/40 R20) and whilst they grip well and have a predictable characteristics on the limit they are wearing quickly, there is maybe 2mm left before the wear indicator blocks at 5800 miles - reckon they will need replacing at 10,000 miles....

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've got Hankooks on mine, I find them quite noisy on all but really smooth road surfaces.

·
Registered
2021 Q3 35TFSI SLine Daytona Grey sound and comfort pack, puddlelights
111 Posts
I was expecting Hankooks on my new Q3 after reading various threads on hear before delivery but was pleasantly surprised to see they are Bridgestones, although wouldn’t have minded the Hankooks after reading good reports on hear with them.
love the colour combo by the way it is the same as our previous Q2

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Nothing wrong with Bridgestones, I had them on my RS3 and they were superb. I wonder if Hankooks are only put on 20" wheels?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nothing wrong with Bridgestones, I had them on my RS3 and they were superb. I wonder if Hankooks are only put on 20" wheels?

Hmmm….had Bridgestone Turanzas on my TT. 4mm of tread and the car was all over the place, the torque steer from the 212bhp 2.0 TFSi engine was horrendous, nearly put it in a hedge on a couple of occasions when changing down and overtaking. Eventually bit the bullet and changed them to Avons (not least because I was thinking of changing the car in the not too distant future so didn’t want to spend too much). The improvement in grip was a revelation and totally improved my enjoyment of the car.

Have 20” Hankooks on the Q3. Grip is outstanding but a little less than impressed with the road noise.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
If you want road noise then fit Nokians. They can climb up the outside of a building in snow but are very loud doing so.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
These are for real road noise and terrible road grip. 😉

Reactions: Mark 64

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Nice GSXR, what is the bluish one?

I have never even ridden a sports bike :oops: I have never been able to fold myself into one, let alone try and go anywhere. Doesn’t help being brought up with British bikes and never getting into fours. Singles, triples and parallel & vee twins for me. KTM 950SM was my ‘extreme’ bike for 7 years.

Reactions: Mark 64

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
This thread has a shiny Q3 at the top of it and one of David's bikes at the bottom - have we wandered slightly off topic?

Reactions: Gromit and DavidS

·
Registered
270 Posts
John, Let me introduce a wee bit of mechanical nouse here, that's not just a bike, it's a KTM, and quite a nice one at that too. A fun ride. I will agree this forum is about Q3s, a KTM is a minor deviation only.

Mike

Reactions: DavidS
1 - 20 of 30 Posts