Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone reads this before Gromit and nips round to his house and removes all sharps.
Sport Edition ordered 28 Aug, now in build, but, when will it appear ?????

Mike

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
We're all doomed... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
Nothing so cheerful, old fruit. I'm told my family has Scottish roots but they're pretty well buried! :)

I actually love the RSQ3 (no kidding!) but could never justify one to myself, my wallet or Mrs. G - not necessarily in that order. Honest. 🤞

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
I suppose the critical questions are: 1) What would be the cost to swap? Fuel consumption would be similar...

Owning an RS, especially an 8U is that it isn't just 'quality transport - because its an Audi' but a joyful/make you smile experience every single time you press the button or turn the key. Its a really hard thing to describe and its certainly more attributable to the 8U version, its almost like they have a soul...something I'd only previously encountered with motorcycles.

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
John, you're absolutely right - which is why I'm not going anywhere near one, especially an 8U. I'd be hooked all too soon!

Reactions: TheJam and RSQ3John

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
578 Posts
I think you really do have to want the full RS experience to warrant the extra costs involved.
Apart from the purchase price, everything has an "RS" tax attached to it and mpg is low 20 to mid 20's depending on where/how you drive.
To some its worth the waste of money and to those that have more sense its just another car lol

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I suppose the critical questions are: 1) What would be the cost to swap? Fuel consumption would be similar...

Owning an RS, especially an 8U is that it isn't just 'quality transport - because its an Audi' but a joyful/make you smile experience every single time you press the button or turn the key. Its a really hard thing to describe and its certainly more attributable to the 8U version, its almost like they have a soul...something I'd only previously with motorcycles.
Yep, It's almost a substitute for a RR 690 R, but a much more comfortable one.
It's a plain and selfish joy to push the START and hear the 5 pot fire up and know that there is enough grunt under the right foot to make an ordinary journey a bit more fun.
Costs are another discussion and becoming hotter.

Mike

PS enjoying the 'R', the cornering is quite something.

Reactions: Gromit

·
Registered
31 Posts
I hope someone reads this before Gromit and nips round to his house and removes all sharps.
Sport Edition ordered 28 Aug, now in build, but, when will it appear ?????

Mike
mine was build week 36 (sept 6) and is coming off the ship today at 4pm grimsby.if you have your order number audi on twitter usually answer within the hour.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mine was build week 36 (sept 6) and is coming off the ship today at 4pm grimsby.if you have your order number audi on twitter usually answer within the hour.
Ordered 28th Aug, was not expected for some time, (the 'R' took almost 9 months due to chip probs), so quite happy if it turns up soon, somehow I have my doubts. Enjoy your's.

Mike

Reactions: Rebbitt123

·
Registered
606 Posts
Perhaps it's time to set up an Audi RSQ3 web page and let us Q3 mortals have our site back ? :D:):mad:

Go for it Gromit !!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Tigre64 and DavidS

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
578 Posts
Perhaps it's time to set up an Audi RSQ3 web page and let us Q3 mortals have our site back ? :D:):mad:

Go for it Gromit !!!!!!!!!!
Lol...imagine the tumbleweed without us :coffee::whistle:🤣

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thats not nice, I like Gromit...... :D :)

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
Nah, imagine life without the RSQ3 owners - without them we'd be stuck for anyone to take the p*ss out of. :devilish:

...and envy. ;)

Reactions: DavidS and -Ju-
1 - 14 of 14 Posts