Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the site, so hope everyone's enjoying their Q3 like myself.

As per the discussion title, I am wondering if there is a way to adjust the Xenon lights for driving abroad or in my case driving in the UK since I am in Belgium?

I heard that on other cars there is an option in the MMI, but on the Q3 it does not seem to be available, maybe there is a manual way under the bonnet?

Any help would be great as I am coming home next week and don't want to dazzle you folk in the UK :)

Cheers,
John
</font>

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A little update....

I sent an email to the dealer to see what they say, luckily they speak English, so lets see if what comes back is not lost in translation and I will let everyone know as I am sure its useful for everyone if you drive over to Europe!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, called Audi Preston this morning... seems it has to be done electronically, not sure if they would charge for it or what? I hope not since it should only be a 5 minute job but you never know!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi,That's great thanks for letting us know - will be a useful tip but bit of a pain having to go to the dealers before and after a trip though? Maybe they can show you what they do?
CheersDan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Dan,

A pain indeed.... if I do decide to do it I will let everyone know but to be honest, I am thinking to use the headlight deflector stickers since it is not worth the trip to the dealer twice each time really.

I will also have a look under the bonnet later to check there is no manual lever like on other cars as that would be more convenient, they are usually located around the headlight area.

Cheers,
John

·
Registered
518 Posts
As far as I am aware, on an A5 the setting to switch the xenons is in the MMI. Not too sure why Audi seem to make it different for the Q3

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rontheman said:
As far as I am aware, on an A5 the setting to switch the xenons is in the MMI. Not too sure why Audi seem to make it different for the Q3
When I picked up the car last week the dealer said the same and was baffled why the option was not in the MMI. It is even more weird if you do need to go to the dealer since they do it electronically they could have just added the MMI option. Anyway.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Call Audi Customer Services today as I was not impressed with the guys at Audi Preston, they did confirm its a change the garage has to do electronically.

I also asked if we could put some kind of "feature request" in to add the functionality to the MMI but the guy was not too helpful, not sure he was technical or not tbh as he had to check with the "technical department" for everything.

Anyone else know how we could raise something like this with Audi? It must be very easy to do.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Dan, when you talk to your contact (for which many thanks in advance, can you also mention how useful it would be for the electric mirrors folding function to operate when the car is locked.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Will do!
Might make a thread about suggested improvements and see if we can get them to look at any of them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I asked the dealer about this when discussing buying a Q3. They can do it in the dealership at a cost of £29.90 each time. So, having the headlights adjusted for 1 trip to France will cost more than the ferry.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dinkum said:
I asked the dealer about this when discussing buying a Q3. They can do it in the dealership at a cost of £29.90 each time. So, having the headlights adjusted for 1 trip to France will cost more than the ferry.

I wouldn't bother, when I came home from Belgium at Easter, I didn't even use the stickers and no-one seemed to flash me

·
Registered
563 Posts
Dinkum said:
Wow they are having a laugh
Does the £29.90 cover readjustment when you get back or do you have to pay again ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dinkum said:
Del said:
do you have to pay again ?
It's Audi! You have to pay again

Apparently all they do is plug it into a computer.

Of course it is just a 30 second job via computer, this is why it could easily be included on the MMI interface like other models, but of course, they are lazy.

·
Registered
563 Posts
The word stealer rings true
My dealer (stealer) didn't even put GB number plates on my car, when I asked why I was told I should have asked

·
Registered
84 Posts
Disappointed on the news on this as I day trip over at least six times a year and my Q3 is due in about six weeks time. Very tempting when you live only a twenty minute drive away from Dover or Folkestone to go at short notice. Prefer Eurotunnel from folkestone myself. On my current A4 I use the Audi purchased headlamp protectors which come marked as to where you stick the supplied in same box blocking stickers. Clip them over before you go no problem. My A4 doesn't have xenon headlamps though. Was willing to pay for them when I bought the car but could only be fitted to sport model. Mine is an SE. Does this method work with xenons? By the way these Audi headlamp protectors were manufactured in Australia. Nothing against Australia it just seemed an unusual country of manufacture.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts