Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTD: Quattro for towing

Hi All,

New to the forum, I'll post in newbies shortly. We're looking for a Q3 to run as our family wagon and tow vehicle (towing a Clio + Brian James Clubman = <1600kgs). Any hints and tips appreciated. Even better if someone is thinking of getting out of theirs or knows of one for sale soon? Hoping to sort in October-December. Not ideal timing with Brexit.

Must-haves: Good history, Xenons/LEDs, and DAB

Ideally: Pano roof, Bose, heated seats, factory tow bar

Olly

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5 Series now sold! Cleaning and prepping my wife's 1 series for sale this weekend and then the hunt for the Q3 properly begins.

If anyone is thinking of selling, or knows of a car for sale, please ping. I'd much rather buy a known car for my better half.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I defected, sorry :D. We ended up with a facelift 2.0 TFSI Q5 S-Line Plus, with most of our want list (missing the towbar and pano but added bonus of radar cruise and electric lumbar). Very pleased so far! Happy wife, happy life.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Haha... that's a leap :D

I am wondering how much of an impact can have the added Q5 mass to the pull factor, how many horses/torque ? Should be plenty enough anyway...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's going in for a remap :D, I would have liked the 3.0 TDV6 but the longitudinal DSG in the Q5s worries me, so we've opted for the 2.0 TFSI and a manual. Once the 3-month warranty is over it will be getting a few mods, including a remap :D. That'll hopefully help towing. The extra capacity is useful at 2400kg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts