Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after waiting for 3 months our Q3 has arrived at the dealers but unfortunately is without the following; DAB radio (not too bothered as I thought that would have been the case due to lack of DAB radios) and full size boot (it has the spare wheel and therefore shallow boot). Dealer completely embarrassed but admitted they were completely clueless as to what specs were turning up with respect to boots sizes etc.

Now you may think surely not a show stopper, but, the shallow boot causes significant problems with storing a wheelchair - in essence it doesn't fit unless you fully break it down. So we're left with the decision of whether to accept the vehicle knowing that every time the chair is required we'll have to build it up and the break it down for the foreseeable future (circa three years), or, as they (Audi) got the order wrong wait circa 3 months for a replacement vehicle with the spec as ordered.

Got some thinking to do over the next few days - just wish Audi had delivered the car as ordered!

·
Registered
304 Posts
That must be so frustrating.... But I'd wait for exactly what you need and re-order, the garage ought bump you up the queue for their error!

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
Gastro: don't hesitate - reject the car. It is not the spec you ordered and will give you serious problems. It is strictly down to the dealer to put it right at their expense and with minimum inconvenience to you. The DAB radio was never going to happen as they just can't get 'em, but the boot issue is serious for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Audi UK had increased the list price!! of the Q3 to reflect the fact that DAB radio was to be fitted as standard, as per their announcement in March this year. Yes, because of a supply issue DABs are not being fitted but Audi CS have informed me that it will be possible to retrofit in the UK. My point is a simple one, the dealer either refunds the cost of a DAB unit or installs one FOC.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Gastro, the full size spare became standard equipment (as was DAB initially) for MY2014

·
Registered
192 Posts
I to am a disabled customer if my q3 dosent have a dab radio I will reject the car. You need a dab system/radio because most of the audi mmi runs via the radioSkoda seat and VW don't haveproblems supplyingdab radio.Has a motability customers I can cancel the order until I give the dealer the pin code

·
Registered
302 Posts
puddy said:
if my q3 dosent have a dab radio I will reject the car.
Were you not told that you might not get DAB?? We were (we ordered beginning of July) - they said that cars currently arriving had no DAB and that we might not get it - we could decide what to do when the car arrives ie have no DAB/have an add-on - or the car might have DAB by then as standard. It's not very important for us one way or another. Our current car doesn't have DAB so we manage :)

Edited by: Bambi

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dab was meant to come as standard but was then redrawn around April if I remember correctly due to supply issues. Clearly stated in NEW updated brochure due to DAB. So might have an issue reject on that basis. Also some received this on here around the time it was being redrawn.

DAB digital radio reception will not be available on A1, A1 Sportback and Q3 from model year 2014 (MY14) because of a supply restriction caused by the manufacturer of a key component.

This means DAB digital radio reception cannot be added as an option on these models, either. It is not known when this will be resolved.

DAB digital radio reception was to become standard across the Audi range, except on the TT and R8, from May.

Customer tagged orders that have been converted from MY13 to MY14 will be built with DAB; stock orders that have been converted will not. New MY14 orders for A1, A1 Sportback and Q3 will not be built with DAB.

Details of an accessories retro-fit solution will be published on Desktop soon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Gastroparesis said:
Well after waiting for 3 months our Q3 has arrived at the dealers but unfortunately is without the following; DAB radio (not too bothered as I thought that would have been the case due to lack of DAB radios) and full size boot (it has the spare wheel and therefore shallow boot). Dealer completely embarrassed but admitted they were completely clueless as to what specs were turning up with respect to boots sizes etc.

Now you may think surely not a show stopper, but, the shallow boot causes significant problems with storing a wheelchair - in essence it doesn't fit unless you fully break it down. So we're left with the decision of whether to accept the vehicle knowing that every time the chair is required we'll have to build it up and the break it down for the foreseeable future (circa three years), or, as they (Audi) got the order wrong wait circa 3 months for a replacement vehicle with the spec as ordered.

Got some thinking to do over the next few days - just wish Audi had delivered the car as ordered!
Hi Gastro,

Having upgraded to a sparewheel retrospectively, it is not difficult to put right and get the floor and boot insert changed. If it their **** up, then surely they will be happy to get the parts in and sort it to avoid you rejecting the car!? And that way you'll also get to keep spare wheel etc?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bambi said:
It's not very important for us one way or another. Our current car doesn't have DAB so we manage :)
How can you manage in 2015 FM MW LW will be switched offso it mean no radio at all. Thenwhen you sell the car it will be worth less All the functions go through the MMI system Traffic Sat nav etc etcAs I said VW Skoda & Seat have no supply issuesWhen I ordered my car I told them the Q3 must have DAB so I will walk a way on the 1st Sep if its not fitted. My dealer still not told me theirs a supply issue on dab

·
Registered
86 Posts
I collect mine on Monday, spoke to the dealer last Thursday and nothing was mentioned about DAB, if it is missing from my car it will not be leaving the showroom. What use is a radio that will not work in 2 years time, granted Audi have said there will be a retro fitted DAB solution soon but will it be free, i don`t think so. Calling the dealer tomorrow to find out and pre warn them of the explosion thats about to occur on Monday morning

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Radio in this country doesn't even have a digital switchover target date, the previous date of 2015 was canned so you'll be safe with the normal radio for a good while yet. Anyway i don't see radio as a future medium, it'll be all high speed data networks always on with no radio dj's to talk rubbish in my ear trying to make me buy some marketed music from talenless souls!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
puddy said:
Bambi said:
It's not very important for us one way or another. Our current car doesn't have DAB so we manage :)
How can you manage in 2015 FM MW LW will be switched offso it mean no radio at all. Thenwhen you sell the car it will be worth less All the functions go through the MMI system Traffic Sat nav etc etcAs I said VW Skoda & Seat have no supply issuesWhen I ordered my car I told them the Q3 must have DAB so I will walk a way on the 1st Sep if its not fitted. My dealer still not told me theirs a supply issue on dab
Although the target date is 2015, it is still in doubt that it will happen. There are conversion kits so we will have to use on of those for our Passat if/when FM disappears - we have no intention of getting rid of a perfectly good car because it has no DAB radio :) :) When our Q3 arrives in October we will decide what to do if it has no DAB fitted. We didn't buy the car for the radio:) :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
puddy said:
Bambi said:
He does not need to tell you as it was in the amended brochure from April. You need to ask yourself if you really need the car if "DAB" is so important to you. Thought driving experience, quality of seat, Comfort etc would of been more of a priority.
Its you choice and each to their own, I personally wouldn't wait to 1st Sept to find out when your car is in the country now and you could walk from the deal and look to purchase something else. Getting your money back if deposit was paid could be an issue.
Good luck and all the best

·
Registered
86 Posts
I didn`t buy the car for DAB, i bought a car with DAB that is the difference. Obviously there are 1000 other reasons why i chose the Q3 over anything else but the point is it was advertised as having that as standard and when i`m paying 30k+ for a car i expect exactly what i ordered.

·
Registered
302 Posts
ollie said:
I didn`t buy the car for DAB, i bought a car with DAB that is the difference. Obviously there are 1000 other reasons why i chose the Q3 over anything else but the point is it was advertised as having that as standard and when i`m paying 30k+ for a car i expect exactly what i ordered.
That's perfectly understandable :) We won't reject ours tho' if it hasn't got DAB :) :) :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi I ordered a replacement Q3 in early May with DAB it arrived early July they had it for two weeks on their site and
three hours before I was due to pick it up they rang to say it had no DAB on it and would refund £175 (retail price was £305 at the time of original purchase)
They have no dates for when it can be retro fitted eitherHence it's still sat there

Having had DAB I would definitely want it again

·
Registered
86 Posts
This is a poor state of affairs for such a big name, C`mon Audi sort it out, or at least hold your hands up and give people the money back

·
Registered
100 Posts
You buying a Q3 or a expensive radio

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts

BTW Puddy, nothing's being turned off in 2015 (apart from the gas if I don't pay the bill) - the govmint's seen sense and backtracked on it. At the mo' no-one knows when - or even if - it'll ever happen. Whilst I was hoping mine would come with DAB it hasn't ruined anything by not having it - the analogue radio is a fine piece if kit and I can always retrofit when Audi's DAB suppliers eventually get their thumbs out of their bums and start supplying again.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts