Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i thought i share something i brought for my car last week.
My car currently has wired Apple Carplay and i always found it troublesome when forgetting to connect the phone to a USB port.

Anyway, i found the following item on sale on ebay and brought one.

http://ebay.us/mFWIW8?cmpnId=5338273189

It converts a wired apple carplay to be wireless. Apparently it works with Android Carplay too. I cant try the android because my car hasny got Android Carplay and i dont use a Android.

However, after using for 2-3 weeks - i found it rather handy and every morning no matter how much in a rush i turn on the car and zip off with Waze or Google map running.

One thing about it is sometimes it takes around 15seconds to connect, or if my wifi is connected to my home outside the house, it would not connect until i out of reach from home wifi signal.

I just thought i share it with others who like me, alwasy thought - when i get a new car - i must ensure it has wireless carplay - now i have it!! :tango_face_grin::tango_face_grin:

By the way - You must have wired carplay installed on the MMI to make it work - it wont make a non-Carplay MMI into a Carplay MMI system.

·
Registered
Audi RSQ3 (65), Mythos Black, Leather Diamond Stitched Seats, reverse camera carbon interior pack
13 Posts
Hi,

I have a 65 RS Q3 and would like to install wired/wireless car play. Which would you recommend?

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts