Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I may be paranoid
butDo the wipers on your Q3 jump up about 1/2" and bounce back down when the engine is switched off using the key ??
Then do on mine but not every time !

·
Registered
19 Posts
They do on my Tiguan. Do you have the lever in the auto position? I think they move up in case they are needed and then drop down to the park position when you turn the ignition off.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine do

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine did for the first time today (had the car two weeks). Bit surprised, but good to know i'm not alone.Jim

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I thought it was so the wipers don't sit in the same position all the time and prematurely ruin the blades

Clever stuff!

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Yup, mine do too occasionally. No idea why - probably just a glitch in the Matrix.

·
Registered
69 Posts
reilsab said:
I thought it was so the wipers don't sit in the same position all the time and prematurely ruin the blades

Clever stuff!
Pretty sure this is the reason, my Golf R did it too

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thanks for explaining that. I had experienced it too, and wondered why it worked like that.Incidentally, someone posted a link on another thread to an Audi Q3 service on line training manual. This is full of useful info on various Q3 features, including several which fall into the "wow, that's ingenious" category. Recommended reading for any Q3phile!http://admin.audionlinetraining.com/Upload/SSP/506_ssp602_Audi%20Q3.pdf

·
Registered
52 Posts
As far as I know the wipers have 2 'parked positions' depending on the signal from the rain sensor. Certainly the wipers behave in the same manner on our Q3 and A5, normally they are 'parked' below the line of the bonnet (I assume for aesthetic reasons as well as reducing noise/turbulence), but when we get little spots of rain detected by the sensor the park position seems to be 2-3 cm higher up the screen. After there has been a short period of time with no rain detected by the sensor the wipers retreat back to their lower position.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wipers? Mine has never seen rain so I'm not sure if they even work

·
Registered
518 Posts
Samoanjoe, try and simulate rain with a garden hose.

·
Registered
234 Posts
They do on my A3 Cabrio.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts