Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have got some winte tyres for sale, they are fitted on genuine alloy wheels for Audi, the wheels came from an A5 but I have the wheel spacers so they fit onto the q3, I currently have them on my car a the mo, the tyres are continentals t803 and the size is 225/50/17, Ias iv said im running them on y q3 now and there are no issues, I'm would like £750 for the wheels and tyres and collection is preferred, I'm on,y selling as I'm about to sell the car, the tyre have only done around 1000 miles, email me for pics at [email protected]

·
Registered
32 Posts
You have an odd size there !
Standard tyres are 235/50/18
Audi recommend 215/60/17 as winter tyres.
An alternative is 235/55/17 as this has the same rolling circumference.
Your size is more than 5% difference and so not recommended.

See the calculator, near the bottom of this page.
http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car is running 255,40,19 using your guide the difference is -1%, I'm sure that is quite acceptable, anyway there not causing any harm to the body work or suspension so all is good, if your not interested in them then it's got nout to do with you bout the sizes, my car is also running s3 345mm calipers and carriers which aren't standard so bet your gonna say that's odd as well? Edited by: Titch

·
Registered
29 Posts
Titch, 255/40R19 is the OEM tyre size fitted to the Q3 19" wheel options.
All Mr_Freeze was pointing out was that the winter tyres you are selling are not the size recommended by Audi for the Q3. You addressed this in your original post by saying that they are off an A5. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ankled said:
Titch, 255/40R19 is the OEM tyre size fitted to the Q3 19" wheel options.
All Mr_Freeze was pointing out was that the winter tyres you are selling are not the size recommended by Audi for the Q3. You addressed this in your original post by saying that they are off an A5. Good luck with the sale.
Thanks Ankled.

Titch, it's nothing to do with fouling etc, it's the rolling circumference that changes and hence the speedo.

5% difference is an accepted difference as an absolute size.

I don't know why you chose that size originally, but they are the wrong size for a Q3. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.
Don't know why you mentioned the 255's they're not mentioned in your first post?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't realise I had to mention what summer tyres I had when im trying to sell a set of winter wheels and the tyres were for my a5 but after I sold the coupe I decided to keep the wheels and tyres and use them on the q3,

·
Registered
32 Posts
Titch said:
Didn't realise I had to mention what summer tyres I had when im trying to sell a set of winter wheels and the tyres were for my a5 but after I sold the coupe I decided to keep the wheels and tyres and use them on the q3,
Don't know what point your trying to make here!
Your first post didn't mention the 255's.
When I pointed out that your winter tyres were the wrong size for a q3, you then pointed out you had 255's on at the moment. I responded by asking you what you were telling me this for as you hadn't mentioned it in your first post.
Now you post the above question!
I dont give a rats ass as to what you have on at the moment, but i don't like the idea of you selling the wrong size tyres to someone who may not understand the difference, so I will offer advice to people and point out your incorrect tyres.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts