Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Not sure if anyone else has this, but noticed when very occasionally the car steams up the front window, you can see where the factory had fitted some labels on it with certain numbers on for the car. We have tried windowlene on it, but still an issue. Just picked it up from the dealer today as had a noisy fan!! All now sorted on that, and I mentioned this issue and they said they cannot do anything to remove this, and a new windscreen is needed ........however audi won't do this without photographic proof!! Anyone else come across this issue, seems crazy that even a dealer hasn't got some 'special stuff' to remove it from the windscreen?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I didn't have sticker marks on mine but when it steamed up i noticed the suction circles where the robot was used to move the windscreen

·
Registered
613 Posts
I did have exactly the same problem - there was an A4-sized mark that looked like it was where old-fashioned Computer printer paper had been stuck to it.

I couldn't remove it either, but after having a new windscreen fitted due to stone damage, the replacement screen is absolutely fine...

(I'm not recommending you go rallying on gravel to build up enough damage for a replacement!)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, Jules your comment did make me laugh, hadn't even thought about that, now I'm tempted ................

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have the same issue with mine and I have tried all sorts to remove it
. If somebody does have a solution, I would be grateful.

Hmm- The only solution is to fit a new windscreen- a bit drastic...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had my windscreen replaced (stone chip) by the AA, I noticed that they cleaned the glass after sticker removal with some "stuff" prior to install. Maybe if you live near a widscreen replacement company like autoglass etcthey might be able tohelp you out.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have the same circular marks visible in some light on the Q3 and A3. I'll try the glass cleaner.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had it on the A1 and now the Q3, tried a few things to clean it off but seems to just always be there

·
Registered
192 Posts
Da2922 said:
I didn't have sticker marks on mine but when it steamed up i noticed the suction circles where the robot was used to move the windscreen

</font>Same on mine

</font>Last time
autoglass fitted a replacement screen they had to usediamond paste to get
ripple marks caused by plastic packaging.

</font>Took them 3 hours
to do it

</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts