Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know which drive select mode its your favorite and why, y really love economy mode because of the softness of the clutch disengage, also confort its good if i need power dynamic mode its the right one, but i consider the steering to hard for everyday use... Share your experience...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Spent most of the time in Economy. Like the freewheeling.Rather enjoying Auto at the moment, but not sure how it works thing out.Comfort works well too.Agree Dynamic is a bit heavy steering wise.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it detects how hard you step on the gas and changes injection and gearbox according that, also if you go at high speed i thing the steering goes harder...

Edited by: Mindstorms

·
Registered
518 Posts
Like others I mainly use economy, but I confess I prefer to heavier steering of dynamic, which to me seems more engaged with the road and therefore what is actually happening between wheel and tarmac.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What are you on about guys?
Is this something that is optional?

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Yup, Drive Select.

S'alright, I haven't got it either - I didn't like the idea of too much technology driving the car for me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Gromit said:
Yup, Drive Select.

S'alright, I haven't got it either - I didn't like the idea of too much technology driving the car for me.
I've got drive select - I either get in the Q3 or jump on my motorbike

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
(high-fives SamoanJoe)

I often feel too cushioned, insulated and isolated from the road in current spec. vehicles anyway. Occasionally I feel the need to experience some real basic driving, so I resort to giving Mrs G's second car a run. It is a very rare black 1978 Ford Fiesta 1.1L Million special edition which I bought when it was 18 months old and has lived in our garage for a couple of decades since we both acquired other cars. It has a genuine 54,000 miles on the clock, is all original and we occasionally show it at classic car shows just for fun.

It has no fuel injection, electronic ignition, power steering, electric windows, central locking or aircon, a 4-speed manual 'box and rear drum brakes. By current standards it is an absolute pig to drive but it serves to remind me what motoring used to be like before all these refinements came in.

Edited by: Gromit

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I had one of the first Fiesta XR2's when i was young, i still have fond memories of that wee car. That was back in the day when a small car really was small, now they make em bigger so they can create a new model when they get too big

·
Registered
485 Posts
Gromit said:
(high-fives SamoanJoe)

It is a very rare black 1978 Ford Fiesta 1.1L Million special edition which I bought when it was 18 months old and has lived in our garage for a couple of decades since we both acquired other cars. It has a genuine 54,000 miles on the clock, is all original and we occasionally show it at classic car shows just for fun.

It has no fuel injection, electronic ignition, power steering, electric windows, central locking or aircon, a 4-speed manual 'box and rear drum brakes. By current standards it is an absolute pig to drive but it serves to remind me what motoring used to be like before all these refinements came in.

That was the first car that wifey and I bought, but in white. It had so many faults that the garage took it back and I bought a basic golf from them. Mainly v had VW's and Audis since

Edited by: SETIG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts