Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I'm Lozzy, I'm 25 and I'm wondering what age group everyone else is.... You see, I've been told the Audi is an "old person"'s car, and that I should be going for something much "younger" - however I love, love, love the Q3.

So who are you all and why do you love the Q3??? Is it really aimed for the people in late 50's-60's and up?

Would love to know :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and I love the Q3 for it's looks, the fact it's safer on the roads than my last car and the fact that it can park itself! (I'm no good at parking!)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Lozzy,
I guess I fall into Audi's target market as I will be 60 in january. Always wanted an SUV but Q5 etc too big for my needs. I like the look of the Q3 and after a test drive like the it even more. Delivery however will not be until March.

·
Registered
29 Posts
46 so bit younger. From talking to friends teenage children I have been told that Audi is viewed as much cooler than BMW in young peoples eyes, although any SUV is not the coolest style! Mercedes is the old man brand apparently

·
Registered
264 Posts
hi 57 retired , just picked up my Q 3 today tdi quattro s tronic traded in an a 3 , love the higher view on the road .

·
Registered
130 Posts
A very young 51 for me. Can I say that? Have had 2 qashqais so am used to the high level views but did'nt buy into the Audi brand until the right car came along and here it is, or at least in January fingers crossed.

·
Registered
157 Posts
A positively ancient 61! But guess what Lozzy, if its the car for you - go for it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies! +I have to agree I think it's a much cooler brand and car... My mates are under the impression I need a new top-spec Fiesta or Mini but they just don't seem anywhere near as good as the Audi Q3.

I've never been in a high road car before so the view is certainly going to be different! I'm planning on getting the S Line version because I think it's so cool.... but I will certainly need one of those finance plans, lol!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Lozzy-SP said:
Thanks for the replies! +I have to agree I think it's a much cooler brand and car... My mates are under the impression I need a new top-spec Fiesta or Mini but they just don't seem anywhere near as good as the Audi Q3.

I've never been in a high road car before so the view is certainly going to be different! I'm planning on getting the S Line version because I think it's so cool.... but I will certainly need one of those finance plans, lol!
I agree about the high ride position , but after having my Q3 for 2 days , i take it for granted like you I wanted an s/line but 4 month wait was too long dealer had an se with xenons upgraded alloys sports seats wth leather alcantara so I had that its phantom black so you dont notice the black trims .

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi Lozzy, what's the insurance like for you, have you had a quote?
Personally I would think any audi would be head and tails above a fiesta!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, to me Fiestas are just a bit boring and nothing special... Audi just stand out head and shoulder to me. I have to confess I've not checked the insurance yet, eek! I'm anticipating it to be high but to be honest, whatever it is, I'll just pay it. If I have to cut back on other things to be able to pay for this car then so be it! I plan on having it for years! +I'm hoping I can get a nice orangey coloured one like I've seen online photographs of... but if I can't afford the paintwork then I'll happily settle for a gorgeous white :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi Lozzy, I'm 63 going on 40!! The Q3 is a natural progression for me as the older you get, the more difficult it is to climb down into a car, whereas a Q3 is much easier to climb into!! The Q3 is just a brilliant vehicle to drive and the views ahead much better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol! Well I'm happy to hear it's easy to get into
and great to hear it's brilliant to drive. I'm really, really looking forward to it. Come on January, get here faster!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've still not been brave enough to check the insurance for me, haha! At the moment I drive an mx5 (so the ride height will be very different to say the least!) and it's under a grand for my insurance.

You can win an Audi Q3 for a weekend here www.q3staffordaudi.co.uk/win which is pretty cool
I've just entered anyway!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm Ron, 65 going on 18 (aren't we all going on 18???). Just ordered a Q3, delivery April. Currently have an A4 Avant and an A2 (10 years old, 140,000 miles, and love it, but my daughter wants it!). Intrerstingly, saw a promo vid on youtube about the Q3, saying that one of the target markets for the Q3 was "hip pensioners". Since there are others on here in their 60's, seems their market research was spot on!

Tried the Evoque, which felt much larger than the Q3, but found it wallowy and was concerned about LR reliability, and also the Q5 but found it too big. Also, my current Audi dealer provides great service, so happy to stay with Audi

·
Registered
27 Posts
... you're not on your own. Male, 31, upgrading (?) from a Porsche Cayman S due to the recent arrival of first child. How life changes eh?!

·
Registered
613 Posts
44 Year old Male, moving from a Mercedes past (via a short-term Dodge Avenger!!) to the Q3...
I was originally after a Volvo V60... but Q3 definitely does it for me - I like the high up view for the Motorway driving, and this sort of vehicle was long overdue for Audi...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I,m 45, so somewhere in the mid range. Traded my 3 year old VW Tiguan Sport in for a Q3 Sline 177 TDI Quatro stronic in Phantom Black. It is basically the same car; however Audi seems to be better in all aspects. However I was so pleased with my Tiguan that theobvious upgrade was to a Q3. Here's hoping I am not disappointed when I take delivery on the 1st!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts