Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,After much deliberation I have recently ordered my Q3 and I have a couple of questions that I would welcome views/feedback on.
Firstly, I have ordered with solid Amalfi white paint but I am questioning whether I should change to Glacier white metallic. I haven't gone for the full paint as I like the contrast of the black arches against the white paint and I think it looks more SUV like. I haven't been able to compare the two whites in the flesh but I fear the Amalfi is too creamy; unlike the standard Q5 Ibis white which is a much purer white. Has anybody compared the Amalfi and Glacier? Will the metallic give the car greater resale value?
Secondly, does the LED interior light pack include edge lighting around the front door speaker panel? All the photos I have seen of this lighting are on the Bose sound upgrade. The Bose sound option would be nice but I need all the boot space I can get so I have ruled it out.
Lastly, how does the Audi build calendar work. I have been told weeks 18 or 19, with an estimated delivery date of 04/06/13 but can't marry the two?
Thanks for any and all input.

·
Registered
518 Posts
The build weeks are, I believe, based on calendar weeks from Jan 1. So week 18 is about 2nd week of May week 19 3rd week, so delivery 4 June sounds about right.

The speaker edge lighting only comes with Bose speakers, ie LED interior light pack + any non-Bose speakers = no speaker edge lighting. I have the LED interior pack with non-Bose speakers, and others on here as well as me think this pack is well worth having

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi WeeCobi
I went for the glacier white and also NOT the full paint job. The contrast between the white and black looks great. I sawa Amalfi white q3 in a car park and went and parked next to it. The amalfi looks cream!ATD

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rontheman. Thanks, that makes sense to me now regarding delivery. It's disappointing about the speaker edge as it looks really good; Glad to hear the pack is well worth having though.
ATD. Thanks again, although you may have just cost me another £525. Have you posted any pictures of your Q3 that I could get a link to? The big question is will my wife notice I have added further to the options!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I also went for Glacier but with the full clolour, i wasn't sure how the black panels would look after a few years on the road. The Amalfi will look white in the showroom, it's not until you take it out in the sun does it look more cream. When my car was in the bodyshop for repair the guy in there told me he's never seen 2 audi's the same because of all the options!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the Amalfi white with full colour and did consider the Glacier white but thought that the Amalfi was "warmer" - both colours look great though so it's down to personal taste. Try and see the Amalfi white and Glacier white together before you decide.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was back in the dealership reviewing my options after realising the car I ordered didn't have LED DRL's and got to see the Amalfi and Glacier side by side on A1's. I have gone with the Glacier white but have had to lose the black arches as a result of getting the LED lights on the S Line. I guess you can't have it all!
Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Weecobi,
I has similar debates - I would have been happy with Ibis if it was available
I wanted the DRLs and so specced them as an extra on the SE - so I could keep the black trim. As you said, I think the black trim makes the car look a bit chunkier and was also happier keeping to 17" wheels.When it came I was pleasantly surprised that the DRL as an extra includes the 'go round corners' adaptive trick which I dont think the S-Line does as standard.
I cant see why the black will start to look tired as it is paint rather than a plastic; but I have still just ordered a set of mud flaps because it does get dirty.
Sorry - not exactly reinforcing your own final choice, just where I came down on a similar decision. It will look brilliant either way.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I had no idea the black bits were painted, that makes more sense. They call it full paint finish so i was lead to believe by the salesman that it was a plastic finish, they should reword this option on the SE's then.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi ATD,
I wonder if it varies between countries then.
In the UK, they areContrasting finish in anthracite metallic finish on the front and rear under body guard, wheel arch trims and lower door trimsto quote from the Audi UK website and as fitted to my car.
<div style="text-align: left;">I guess it could me a metallic painted hard plastic, but feels like metal and sounds like metal, but its definitely a painted finish that should age just as well as therest of the car.</font>

·
Registered
24 Posts
Saddo that I am, I had a magnet.
Spot on ATD, metallic painted hard plastic - which makes a lot of sense.
Presumably its the same on the full colour option, just painted body colour instead of anthracite.

·
Registered
111 Posts
They must have changed the spec then as the demo SE I looked at did not have painted wheel arches - they were plastic.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Almost worth a new thread, but the confusion of course is that they are both painted and plastic - but the sort of hard, gloss finish painted plastic that it is hard to tell from metal.
Can anyone confirm that the full colour option arches and door trim are also plastic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts