Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On another forum people were discussing that only 2G SD Cards work. In the manual they state that you need a class4 (for speed), but nothing about the size. Some of you havelager cards?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I use a 4GB class 4 card with no problems. The only reason I used this card was that I had one available as I upgraded the cards in my DSLR to faster higher capacity cards to handle the RAW files.

·
Registered
100 Posts
32GB , no problem

·
Registered
80 Posts
The maximum size is 32Gb - but I think there was also some limit for the maximum file amount..
Edited by: SemiQ

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx forthe replies to all.SemiQ, Any idea if it's a solution to use folders and split the number of files in the folders?

·
Registered
563 Posts
32 here, no problems at all

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have 2 Class 10 32 GB SD cards, both black.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I use two 16 Gig cards one for me and one for the wife

This is the first car we've had with the SD card music option, and I love it, beats the **** out of a £350 6 CD changer in the boot or my wife's solution which is to have 30 odd CDs rattling around in the car

·
Registered
563 Posts
As pekX2to said it's very important to buy black so it matches the dash
I don't understand why people mess about with phones and ipods in the Q3, a 32gb SD card holds plenty of music it is very convenient and you can use a card in both slots if you don't have the Sat Nav.

·
Registered
44 Posts
SemiQ said:
The maximum size is 32Gb - but I think there was also some limit for the maximum file amount..
You're right Semi, I remember that I've read such a note on somewhere but I can't remember where it is and the number of file limitation.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree that the black blends in, I ordered a 32gbcard pictured as black, but when it arrived it was blue!! I was extremely annoyed (not really) I didnt have the guts to complain about the colour (as if they would have cared
) You can imagine the conversation "the card you sent me is blue and I wanted black to match the dash board on my lovely Q3" reply would have been "Tough" or words to that effect!!
After my tantrum I decided to use a thick felt tip permanent marker and put it a couple of times over the first quarter of an inch all round the card and problem solved, now blends in perfectly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi SemiQ,
I found it stopped reading files when it got to 500, but splitting them into directories worked just fine.
The files always seem to come up as 'damaged' when I go into a directory for the first time but then play just fine so I have not really bothered to try and work out that issue.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mini SD in an adapter works fine too.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Agreed - the SD card system is really good - I have a couple of 16Gb cards in - one for Audiobooks etc and one for music.
I do copy my all-time favourite music to the Hard Disk "Jukebox" (as you can't copy songs from the iPod) - but that's mainly so I can use the Voice Activated system to be cool - e.g. "PLAY ARTIST RIHANA" etc...

·
Registered
11 Posts
From one extreme to the other.........
I had a few old 500Mb cards, so old they had no speed rating. They were loaded with music and play perfectly.
My wife doesn't have my taste in music so if SWMBO is driving from the passenger seat, 500Mb of tracks is all she'll tolerate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
does anyone know if a micro sd with and adapter works? would be nice to be able to switch it between my phone, tablet and car etc..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes it works, I tried an old Sandisk 2GB. I think that Audi says something about not using though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts