Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

We get our new Q3 Sline on the 1st of September and just have a quick question.
Which SD card do i buy for putting my music on, loads of people seem to be having compatability issues. Want to get one sorted for when i pick the car up!!

Thanks

·
Registered
613 Posts
To be honest - All cards seem to work in mine - bought a 16gb one in Maplins, and a couple of 8gb ones from Aldi - there's no difference in performance - get the best value you can!

·
Registered
613 Posts
No worries!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Go for the 32gb one from Wes's link above, good quality card at a good price.And the most important thing about this card is it's black so it matches the dashboard

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys

Already ordered one when Jules replied but will keep that web address, good prices!!
And thats a good point Del, didnt think of that!! i ordered the sandisk 16gb but its blue so looks like im getting that black marker out!!!!

Thanks again folks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is there a certain way i have to put music onto the card or is it just a case of drag and drop anywhere onto card.
And will it recognise albums or just tracks alone.? and what about artwork? ive got just the standard audio system by the way, didnt have choice to upgrade as thay had it in showroom and the wife wanted it quick!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
si75 said:
is there a certain way i have to put music onto the card or is it just a case of drag and drop anywhere onto card.
And will it recognise albums or just tracks alone.? and what about artwork? ive got just the standard audio system by the way, didnt have choice to upgrade as thay had it in showroom and the wife wanted it quick!!!
I think it's just a case of "drag and drop". If the album is a folder containing tracks, it will show up as such. I have just prepped a card with some albums and tracks, but I haven't explored it yet, it just started to play what I think is the first track in the first directory, alphanumerically sorted...
I also wondered about artwork, just having the standard Concert radio. As far as I can make out, we don't get any artwork. It seems that this is a feature of the "Jukebox", which I suspect is part of the "Audi Sound System", which I don't have.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
61 Posts
http://www.mp3tag.de/en/</font>This is free software that will convert the metadata to rename, renumberof fully convert album and track infofor your mp3 or other musicstandardsvia the web.It also has the facility to find the album cover art via a web search andembed the album art work into each track which will then show on your screen when enables through the menu options in the standard audi music set up on the Q3.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Top Tip Wes - I've just downloaded that!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah, thanks Wes! I just tested it and it works like a charm. Didn't think my Q3 had it in it... :)
(But I guess the "album browser" is a feature of the Jukebox only...)

·
Registered
80 Posts
JayN said:
(But I guess the "album browser" is a feature of the Jukebox only...)
I think so too..

By the way.. Is there someone who is using AMI with external hard drive? How does it differ from the standard memory card version? Can you see the cover flow (album art carousel)?

If I have understood it correctly AMI is just an interface and it woun't build database for jukebox type of usage(?). In case of iDevices (e.g., iPod) the database is built by the device and is in the device while AMI is just an interface towards it (e.g., enables cover fow).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts