Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to finalise the spec before I go back to place my order and am slightly confused by the leather options.
Is the Fine Nappa worth the £200 extra compared to the Milano leather? The leather I had on my A4 (Voltera I think) was a bit hard to touch but wore well. I've seen comments that the Milano leather is a bit hard and grainy. The other option is the Alcantara / Leather seats. I'm thinking they will be nicer in the winter (I am going for heated seat option). Has anyone got them? Are they hard wearing?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hi, I've ordered the Alcantara seats. I saw them on a Q3 in the showroom and they looked stunning. I wasn't prepared to pay that much for the full leathers and heating when I got them thrown in on my BMW. I like the heated seats but decided with Alcantara, or cloth if I'd kept standard, I can live without it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've got the Nappa leather - very nice and soft :) I can't remember what the Alcantara is ?? It was explained to us that the Nappa is the same leather as the Milano just stretched out so it is smooth. It's just the two of usnow so easy to keep the leather nice, although we have had lots of cars with leather seats and never had any problems with children etc(we will on occasion have the dogs on the back seat, but we have a special 'hammock' cover so it won't be a problem).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks SnobabyI was looking on the configurator last night at the different choices and had more or less decided on the Alcantara, so your reply has made my mind up. I'll be sticking with the heated seat option though as it gets a bit cold up here.So it's off to the dealer this week-end to see if I can get a good deal, otherwise I'll be ordering an X1.Phil

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi BambiYour reply came through as I was posting the above.The Alcantara is the suede like material on the seat facings with leather bolsters. I was thinking that they would be warmer in winter and cooler in summer but still look good with the leather. I was just a little concerned on how well it would wear. The dog stays in the boot area (I do take the parcel shelf out before anyone calls the RSPCA) and my daughter is grown up (but no less messy than when she was two!) so it should be OK.But as I said it all depends on how much Audi want to sell me a car this week-end. If not the only choice to make with the BMW is which colour leather to choose.Phil

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi PhilIt's a difficult decision :) We might have ordered the Alcantara originally (I can't remember now), then after going home and thinking about it, went back to the showroom to have another look and chose the sports seats and the leather - OH's choice really
We've had heated seats too in the past (in Volvos) but never used them, so didn't order that this time. The dogs used to go in the boot but the older one is 15 now and I was worried about him falling around as he is a bit wobbly on his rear now, so we have harnesses on them and they go on the seat for longer journeys- the cover is great as it is waterproof and claw proof too and I can keep a better eye on him as well
We use OH's Passat estateif we are only going locally tho' - easier to throw muddy boots in as well :) The Alcantara does look good tho'

Edited by: Bambi

·
Registered
518 Posts
Alcantara is essentially a proprietary fabric made to resemble suede (ie it has shade variations depending which way you move your hand across it. I think the material is largely polyester, but more durable than suede.It is entirely a personal choice, but I have only had one car with Alcantara seats, and found them prone to getting grubby and they needed frequent shampooing (ie 3-4 times a year)I have the Milano leather in pale grey, the same as our A4, and find it stays looking quite new for a long time. It is slightly harder than Nappa initially, but softens over time. I can recommend it, and am not exactly sure what the benefit is to spend another £200 on Nappa.

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
I have to confess that I've gone down-market in that my previous Jaguar had full cream leather interior trim & seats (indeed, the two SAABS prior to that were both fitted out with full leather) but I now have the standard fabricin the Q3 and I have to tell you that it is much comfier, warmer and generally posterior-friendlier than any of the previous cars. As you can see in the gallery, it looks good, too.
Food for thought...?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I agree, Gromit, my BMW has full cream leather and it looks good but I'm not a huge fan of leather seats generally. With heating in winter they are ok after the initial iciness goes away and in a good summer they can get a bit scorchio! I much prefer soft cosines and even temperatures! I do prefer the sports seats, as I do 4 hrs in my car a day they suit my back better so I'm hoping the Alcantara sport seats will suit me just fine

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I had Alcantara sports seats in my previous bmw, they were super supportive and held my posteria well

I actually loved the feel of them and they looked like new after 3 years, the standard seats in the q3 arn't anywhere near as supportive but they are really comfy. The q3 isn't a sporty car, i find it more of a cruiser and in that's why i bought it.

Never been a fan of leather, feels and smells great and gives you a real feel of luxury however. It's just that modern car leather is like modern leather sofa's, doesn't last and nowhere near the quality you got years ago unfortunately

1 - 10 of 10 Posts