Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , Q3 S.line ordered am considering upgrading to 19" wheels , has anyone done this & was it worth the money , do u also get bigger arches ?.

·
Registered
45 Posts
No, to compensate for the larger rim you get smaller wall tyres /40s, hence you get a harsher ride as there is lesstyre side wall to flex and absorb the bumps.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I went for the 18" wheels. I'm very happy with this, it's the perfect choice for me I think, but if I was forced to choose 19" or 17" instead, I think I would go for the 17" for the comfort factor.
That said, I don't notice much of a difference between my 17" winter tyres, which should even have a "softer" rubber in them, and my 18" summer wheels... The driving is great anyways.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Completely agree with JayN,stick with the 18"wheels.They give a really good ride.

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiIf you order the optional 19" wheels then the plastic part of the wheel arch is flared out a bit more than standard.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Whitey - just uploaded a couple of photos of mine that I picked up yesterday. S Line with 19s.The bigger the better IMO, ride is fine so far but I have only done 30 miles. Ride is much comfier than my A4 S Line that's for sure!Don't forget to order that poxy spare wheel

·
Registered
44 Posts
Whitey....I have now done approx 7k miles with 19" alloys with std suspension....I have been impressed with ride and would make the same choice again....matches my previous Merc ride.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that , so no front end vibration at speed .

·
Registered
44 Posts
No vibration at any speed....hope I stay lucky!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts