Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, looking to order S line soon will trade in Q3 SE model. However, I have a set of winter wheels & tyres for the SE running on 17" wheels but the S line comes with 18" wheels. As spare wheels are of a lower size am I correct in thinking I can still use the 17" wheels on the S line?

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
I don't see why not - as long as the outer tyre diameter is the same the speedo and related electronical gubbins will read correctly. Obviously a quick call to your friendly neighbourhood Audi Service* Dept. will confirm it, but I believe you'll be fine.

* I STILL refuse to call it the After-Sales-Customer-Care Dept. Whichever pretentious arse came up with that marketing-ridden bollocks wants a decent smack around the head with a dwarf tree.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Gromit, I knew I could rely on you to answer this. Much appreciated. I have since noticed another thread on Wheel Sizes but the issue there looks a little more complicated :p

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi kevAudi only sell one winter wheel tyre combo for the Q3, it's a 17" wheel with a 215 60 R17 tyre.It's one size fits all, so if yours is the same dimensions you should be OK

·
Registered
275 Posts
Wheel size shouldn't pose any problems, as Gromit said if the width is no wider as could hit arches and you take note of the speed rating of the tyre.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts