Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a little boring but... does anyone use wheel nut covers?
My alloys are black and they just dont seem to pop with the silver (slightly rusting ) bolts..
I had them on my golf in black, but the dis coloured and I lost a couple too.
Is there a standard I'm unaware of for bolt covers?...

·
Registered
377 Posts
I don't think there is a standard but price and quality are variuable. A set of chromed ones can be had for anywhere between £10 and £20. Also awailable in black, alloy effect and colours. some come with 4 special covers to fit the locking bolts which is useful. Lots of choice on Amazon.

·
Super Moderator
5,594 Posts
The only standard I'm aware of is that around here if you park in a multi-storey car park you'll lose any wheelnut covers - and also any fancy tyre valve caps - regardless of make, brand, manufacturer or size, in very short order. :mad:

Reactions: Stu

·
Registered
19 Posts
This might be a little boring but... does anyone use wheel nut covers?
My alloys are black and they just dont seem to pop with the silver (slightly rusting ) bolts..
I had them on my golf in black, but the dis coloured and I lost a couple too.
Is there a standard I'm unaware of for bolt covers?...
Hi Stu,I’ve got silver plastic but covers on the titanium rotors on my RS. Would’ve thought that yours should have the same,or possibly black in your case,to match your alloys🤔 There’s a plastic “grab” type tool in my toolkit to pull them off with for tyre changing/servicing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When we got ours it was missing the covers, if there even was any in the first place. Luckily I had removed the VW ones from our previous car to add colour coded ones that went with the car. So I found them in the garage and bunged them on. The locker didn’t fit though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts