Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just ordered the RSQ3 Sportback in Mytho black and having trouble deciding betwwen gloss black wheels or with an aluminium brush. Just curious to know what black RSQ* owners have chosen.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
My old Q3 was Cobalt Blue essntially so black to most peoples eyes if not in bright sunlight.
The paint was lifting quite badly on one wheel so I had them refurbished in gloss black. Even though I was ok with them, I was a bit disappointed with my decision.
The aluminium bit looks much better to me.

Mine…..
Wheel Tire Plant Car Vehicle

My god! They look really small compared to the 20” RS wheels.

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
Top option, you can have too much black sometimes.

Reactions: Gromit

·
Super Moderator
6,659 Posts
I'm with the rest, too much black is NOT a good thing.

·
Registered
Q3 45tfsi black edition. Turbo blue. c+s. Space saver wheel. Extended lighting pack. 19" trapezoid w
58 Posts
There's always that one awkward person, I would go with all black.
Sorry !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all - I have to agree with all of you. You can have too much black so I went for the first option. Can't wait to have it delivered. This is my second Q3 in 10 yrs - still own the first generation Q3, now thought of spice it up a bit and get the RS version.

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
Thanks all - I have to agree with all of you. You can have too much black so I went for the first option. Can't wait to have it delivered. This is my second Q3 in 10 yrs - still own the first generation Q3, now thought of spice it up a bit and get the RS version.
It will be quite a step up in just about every way you can possibly imagine.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I’m with full black on my RSQ3, did hover over diamond cut option but car was available through broker so went with black, don’t regret at all but with car being Turbo Blue 😜 black wheels set it off nicely, Daytona grey with 21 diamond cut will look brilliant 😀😀

Reactions: Lochsider

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Luddite. ;):)
I normally hate gold wheels but blue WRX’s do look right with them.

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
It's a legacy from working in the trade but seeing all black wheels get's processed in my head as 'curb rash' painted black so no one will notice....wrong I know.

·
Super Moderator
6,659 Posts
They strike me in a similar way, probably for the same reason. Black wheels may be trendy but they look just like an amateurish attempt to smarten up tatty wheels. There was a time when only base models had painted steel wheels - everything from GL upwards had alloys.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
The original Golf GTi only had steel wheels and then they brought out the Pirelli P allow rims.

These are the Toyota metallic anthracite that I painted my 130 wheels are their paint started peeling NOT from kerbing) To me, they worked well and were a great selling point, come the time.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
17 Posts
D.a.m.n, looks absolutely fabulous mate, pity no such color option for rsq3 f3

The original Golf GTi only had steel wheels and then they brought out the Pirelli P allow rims.

These are the Toyota metallic anthracite that I painted my 130 wheels are their paint started peeling NOT from kerbing) To me, they worked well and were a great selling point, come the time.
View attachment 3867

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
It was Le Mans Blue but, away from the sun, it always looked a lot darker…plus it was rarely polished to that level either.
When I bought it (at 3 yrs old in ‘08) it was the only one around that age/price in Kent, East and West Sussex or Surrey. A lovely car with the 3 litre six but I never got comfortable in it on longer journeys - very rapid though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts