Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tyres come as standard with tdi quattro sline stronic & 18 inch off road wheels? Are they all weather, summer....

·
Registered
52 Posts
If I remember correctly (cannot check the car as the wife is using it) they are just summer tyres. I think ours has Pirelli's on it

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi All.Mine came with Normal (summer) Continentals fitted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the 'off road' wheels ( very easy to clean ) and they come with the Goodyear Asy 2 summer tyre which reviews well. The side wall is quite 'wide' and there is no chance of kerbing your alloys so thats also a plus.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Mine came with the normal Pirelli Scorpion Verde summer tyres. They performed well during last winter, and like Overcliffe's Goodyears, the Pirellis have a wide side wall, which minimises the chances of kerbing the alloys.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Eagle F1 - very good reports in Auto Express tests

·
Registered
107 Posts
My 19" have got Pirelli P Zero's on them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My 17 inch wheels came on Michelin Latitude Sport. A new size for that particular fitment when the Q3 came out.

·
Registered
613 Posts
What a variety!

My 17" standard wheels were Good Year Excellence - and just have been changed (27k miles) to Continental 4x4 Contact... Which, so far, don't appear to be as good!

·
Registered
155 Posts
My Q3 is on 18inch wheels, it came with Continental Cross Contact UHP (235/18, 50 97V) as standard, I have stayed with them as they seem a good all rounder, but officially summer tyres.

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
I presume the TS did mean as OEM fitted, not after-market possibility's.
Your Q3 will have Summer Tyres unless you order the optional All-Weather-Tyres. The Brand you get may vary but all have the approval of Audi.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was thinking of changing ours to Uniroyal Rainsports but not on the Audi approved list. Would be ok tho?

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
I'm sure they would be.

As long as they are the right Load & Speed rating, then go with what fits budget and requirements (Rain Vs Fuel Vs Noise ratings etc)

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
As CoCoPops says as long as they are the correct spec they will be fine, but why the Uniroyals? They have not had particularly good reviews over recent years, Uniroyals have seemed to have stagnated from when they were a really good tyre majoring on excellent wet performance to just an average tyre nowadays. From reviews out there you can find much better alternatives in the market.

I am not wishing to start a "what tyres best" thread, but just pointing out there are many better choices according to reviews.Edited by: Boxbrownie

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts