Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for all you lucky people out there who have already got your hands on your new Q3
What can we who are still waiting for that day to arrive (March 1st 2013 in my case) expect at the handover, and what should the dealership do, is it a standard handover that all Audi dealerships adhere too?Or does it vary from dealership to dealership?
All comments and observations would be very welcome.
Thanks
Garry

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I think it varies between dealerships, possibly dependant on size and how busy they are.

My experience was..

Turned up at the time specified, signed all the documentation. Got a gap, lifeshine, insurance etc etc talk from the finance manager. Signed a document stating that i didn't want any of these additions and that i wouldn't hold the garage accountable should i suffer any loss through not purchasing them. Strange but they cannot push any of these options for fear of miss selling.

I was then shown to my car which was outside and given the manual, keys, mmi cable (make sure you get one of these, the red one) then asked to check it over for marks, scratches etc. i spent a good 10 mins doing this and i would advise anybody to properly check their vehicle. It's difficult with the new car excitement but i tried to keep a cool head.

Then i jumped in and was given a very good explanation of everything and confirmed the options i had chosen. Salesman setup the bluetooth with my phone. Took about 25 mins, then shake of the hand and i was off smiling

No fancy covers, flowers etc for me but i was on my own and just wanted my new car. I can do without all the bling

2 months on and i'm still a happy man Garry, nothing beats picking up a new car. Highlight of my week, brilliant.

·
Registered
264 Posts
when I picked mine up it was a matter of signing all the paperwork then they have a presentation bay with my car in it under a cover which the salesman pulls off to reveal the car , then had 15 min talk sat in the car explaning all the controls and setting up my phone , then i spent 20 mins checking the outside of my car , then they have a large audi display cabinet with various goodies in for you to pick so i had a n audi racing teddy bear an audi mug and an audi usb stick .all in alll a very pleasant experience

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reilsab
Thanks for your response mate, I was getting excited just reading about your experience (sad, I know)
Whats the deal with the red MMI cable?
Did you get to take it for a test drive before everything was finalised?
Garry

·
Registered
41 Posts
My handover experience was very similar to the ones above.
After the inspection I was given a full explanation of all functions and controls, phone connected etc.
The salesman was in no rush and made as much time as we required.
Was also given an EU travel pack which includes a fire extinguisher,
high visibility jacket, half litre of engine oil, torch etc.
I had the option of a test drive which I took.
There are two types of MMI cables for connecting an iPhone, was given the red cable and the salesman advised he would swap the cable for me if I encountered any issues.
I had a few queries once I arrived home and all were answered for me over the phone.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
No worries mate, I was all over this forum for 3 months while i waited. I must have googled Q3 daily to peer over pictures, now that's sad

There's a thread in here about the cable to connect you're ipod, basically the red cable will pass through the album art so you choose to view this in the media settings. I think the red cable is mainly for the all singing, all dancing disk based media option for passing video to the screen. The standard mmi setup can't pass video to the screen but it will pass the album art with the red cable. Not a biggie but i swapped mine after looking on here and having a chat with my dealer who insisted it didn't matter. Probably swapped it just to get rid of me

I got a test drive before ordering and another a few months later so i could remember what i spent all my cash on.

Mine actually arrived 2 weeks early so you may get a nice surprise, the dealer should contact you when the car has gone into build. I called them every so often until it was showing at port

I suppose you would be best holding off until 1st march anyway for the new plate but yeah the wait it torture

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reilsab,
I'm doing exactly the same thing, not forgetting youtube of course so i guess we are both a pair of saddo's, but happy saddo's all the same

i'm not too worried about the March registration to be honest as i have my own personalised plate waiting to go on it from my BMW X3.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't think your the only saddo's, I find myself reading all the reports and forum and have
learned a lot from others, mine is March delivery.

·
Registered
563 Posts
As above, but our dealer was too tight to throw in any freebies
The only thing I would say is insist on inspecting the car before you sign any paperwork, it leaves you in a much better position if there are any problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts