• Coming loose / leaking / dirty door trims

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water in footwell

• Dents / paint damage (when shipped)

• Damaged rims

• Defect or misted or blind (lamps, water ingress)

• Jiggling / jerky xenon headlights

• Unsatisfactory gap extent of body

• Rattling from the dashboard

• Rattling doors / door panels

• Rattling from the door speakers

• Air - / wind noise (doors / windshield)

• Noise from the ventilation

• Noises when the front axle Approach

• Steering noise

• Creaking acceleratorpaddel

• Rattling sunroof

• Vague steering

• Drive Select not working well

• Jerky DSG

• Whistling noise in idle state

• Start-Stop system malfunctioning

• Noise from quattro-drivetrain

• Clattering / sloping parcel shelf

• Problems with Radio/Connectivity/Nav

What shortcomings / defects has (had) your Q3?

8K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  twoaudis 
#1 ·
This Poll is for gathering Info about possible 'Serial' Problems with the Audi Q3. Please take part of it you will help others later to recognise if they have a 'new' or 'older' Problem.
And, I'm pretty sure Audi will look in at our Forum too

Your replies are also allowed to this Voting.
My apologize if my English isn't perfect, I presume your Dutch is...

Special thanks to ATD for helping me with this Poll

Edit to All:
It is not intended to List Items that you 'think' that should be 'standard' in your opinion. The Poll is to make clear what problems/shortcomings your Q3 has or after fixing by Audi, had.

Edited by: audidriver4ever

See less See more
#4 ·
Is there scope for a section titled 'OTHER' where you can fill in a box with the reason?

I have had an ignition problem that resulted in a new steering lock- how could I record this?

#6 ·
+ Folding door mirrors not automatic
+ MMI customisation non existent
+ Cabin too dark without interior light package
+ Spare wheel not standard

#10 ·
audidriver4ever said:
Del said:
How do I vote if I have more than one problem ?
I thought Dan mentioned to me that would be possible too
It should be actually.

I can't see that option

#11 ·
I don't have rusty hubs, 5 months in and it's only has a few washes so looks a bit grimy at the moment. I keep it garaged but my garage does have proper ventilation.

#16 ·
Does windscreen cracking count?
There does seem to be a few instances elsewhere on this site - I've already got 3 "scuffs" in 8 months of ownership (20,000 miles) - never had this much trouble with a windscreen before...
Auto Express mentioned this in their long-term review, which makes me wonder!

#17 ·
My Q3 has had several. Undertray fell off and was repaired several times. Fog lamps misted up and were replaced. Noise from air vents, Qure was; Debri removed from filter. ABS brake fault (ongoing). Parking brake locking on whilst driving (never fault found and has not re-occurred so fine).Poor/dangerous snow driving on inclines. (Audi response is to book the car in when it snows, or before if I am worried, they can have it now if they like I'm fed up of it and them)Wheel arch liners both side became detached (several appointments to correct this one)!
Apart from this Audi UK have told or reiterated lies and failed every time to follow up communication.

However the basic car is good, it is a crying shame Audi UK and its dealer network are so poor at customer service.

Never has one person ever reviewed the file and thought WOW! This guy has put up with too much, WHY DONT US...

#18 ·
Just read this thread and the vibration one - wish I hadn't now - should I just bury my head in the sand and hope that my new car will be just fine when it arrives ???
Edited by: Bambi

#20 ·
OH and I havehad other 'lesser' makes from new (Renault, VW and Volvo) without any major (orsignificant minor) problems ..... Perhaps I should stick with my Scenic :) A sod to drive but without any faults over the last 8 years :) :)

#21 ·
These threads can easily give prospective owners a wrong impression and need to be taken in context. The vast majority of Q3s - and indeed all breeds of Audi - are trouble-free. The only known recurring issue to my knowledge is the wheel vibration which only affects a very small proportion of Q3s and is currently being sorted.

If you want to get some balance, run a Google search on problems with ANY other make/model and I'm pretty sure you'll find a vastly larger number reported - I know I did when I was first considering Audis.

#24 ·
Hi Kew, had the same issue with rusty hubs. And took it back to my local dealer! Not a warranty issue, but as a goodwill gesture, they rubbed and then baked hubs! Really good finish and only today when l was having new front tyres fitted, the tyre fitter remarked on how good they look!

#25 ·
audidriver4ever said:
@ALL

Is anyone able to tell me how he/she voted on more then one item in the Poll?? (I'm not able to check it if it' s functioning as it should
</font>
).
I'm not sure if you've figured this out yet, but you can only vote for one item at a time then "cast your vote". You can then return to the poll again, select another item, and again "cast your vote". I assume you can continue doing this as many times as you like.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.