66 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Seems like a nightmare experience ! Wouldn’t wish it to my worst enemy 🤣
I suppose you’re a lot happier with your Q3 ? 😜

·
Registered
87 Posts
The only problem I’ve had with my Q3 so far is a lack of use!🙄

So far, so very good. Golf clubs are in the back of the car so we’ll at least get a trip up the golf course today! 😎

The other thing I like about the Q3 is its’ size. It’s almost Tardis like, lots of internal space but not that big on the outsides.

If it keeps its’ “nose clean” it could be a “keeper” 🤣🤣

Reactions: PLF

·
Super Moderator
6,026 Posts
Interesting. My previous car was also a Jaguar, but an X-Type 2.5SE 4WD estate car, the last old-school Jaguar model produced before the big sea-change brought about when Ford sold Jaguar to Tata. It was beautifully built, beautifully fitted out and gave me 100,000 miles of pretty much trouble-free motoring over seven years before I traded it in for the Q3. The main dealer provided excellent service and tried very hard to sell me an XF estate but the combination of RWD only, diesel-only and bloody awful build quality drove me into the arms of the Audi dealer I'd just bought Mrs G's A3 Sportback from.

I'm afraid JLR have fallen a long way in a short time since Tata took them over and there's no sign of improvement in the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you look at the current F Pace they have done a remarkable job specially interior.
But question comes how long it would stay like that.
Reliability issue still there throughout JLR they are not doing much about it.
If only someone could read forums and try to rectify but no one looks interested.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
937 Posts
If you read the Which magazine, the car supplements always put JLR at the bottom of the pile. However, the car magazines never seem to take in to account build quality and long term reliability as important factors. 0-62 and top speed rules.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
The motoring press and now, increasingly, YouTube influencers can't afford to tell the truth as the car brand Press departments, understandably, blacklist them for negative reviews. It is the case internet forums such as this, populated with real-world owners are a much more reliable source of information.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It was quite amusing that I was amongst a bunch of XF owners from a forum like this that got invited to Castle Bromwich to have a tour of the Jaguar production line. The guide kept going on about how quality had improved so significantly while there were raised eyebrows amongst the group.
.....and then to cap it all we were invited to lunch at the Heritage Centre about 10 miles away. They gave us the address for the sat nav. Cue a dozen XFs eventually going round in circles in a modern housing estate looking for the centre because the sat nav was incapable of finding it. Hilarious.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I remember in the Range Rover old days being invited to the plant. What I remember most was the fitting of the doors using a large hammer and the panel gaps which you could stick a finger in.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I have been subscribing to 'Car' magazine for almost 30 years. Then it was objective with many skilled objective journalists. Now you could give them the biggest pile of junk on the planet and providing it has a BMW or Porsche badge on it it will get 4 or 5 stars. When they do comparative testing and a BMW is in the group then it will always win with little or no criticism whereas the other cars in the group get slated for trivia. Is there a car magazine that is impartial? I don't think so when they have to sell advertising space to partially fund the magazine production. I totally agree with RSQ3John in that independent forums are the only vehicle for honest opinions.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Completely agree mwcLtd, the B9 RS4 was raved over by the journos and yet as a daily driver it was deeply disappointing, automotive perfection it might have been, fun it was not. Being objectively generous for a moment it must be extremely challenging to be realistically neutral when the job entails driving super nice kit, week after week, probably with a bagful of goodies on the back seat and a decent lunch inside one.

With the exception of EVO, most of the printed press slated the the RSQ3 in both 8U and F3 forms, completely missing the point, twice. Nuff said.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Some of the conclusions these mags reach beggar belief. In a What Car test of the Q3 vs XC40 they stated that the Volvo had the best boot despite the fact that at its smallest the Q3s boot is 55 litres bigger and if you lower the floor and move the seats forward you can expand the boot to 600 litres +. It’s wider, longer, deeper but no, the XC40 has the better boot. In the test in question they compared a 150 bhp Q3 to a 185 bhp XC40 and then stated how much faster the XC40 was whilst quietly mentioning the XC40 eats fuel. Surely the better comparison would have been the 40 TFSI but no, that wouldn’t be convenient to their narrative. As has been suggested some of these tests are a complete joke.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Quick update : picking up my new toy tomorrow Saturday ! Can’t wait ! #excited 🤣

Reactions: Mr c

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Enjoy! Remember the rule....pics or it didn't happen!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Have fun!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The day came ! I finally got my Q3 yesterday. Very happy with it. The interior is a tiny bit smaller than the E-pace, but it feels so much more qualitative. Even just the start/stop button feels so much better when you press it. Loving it ! And all the options of the Vorsprung : wow ! Impressed !
the only thing not working is (you probably all guessed already : the MyAudi app.... it says it can’t retrieve the car status... (see screenshot below). And the dealership says it happens sometimes. We set it up together so he says the setup is all good... 🤔

and here are the pictures :

·
Registered
863 Posts
Very nice. I keep saying I wouldn’t buy another dark car but.......

·
Registered
937 Posts
Very very nice. I have seen that car somewhere, however with different wheels. I think it is sitting on my drive. Now comes the fun bit, reading the manual and setting up the MMI to suit your own preferences. If you have any queries then please yell.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Very very nice. I have seen that car somewhere, however with different wheels. I think it is sitting on my drive. Now comes the fun bit, reading the manual and setting up the MMI to suit your own preferences. If you have any queries then please yell.
Yes, I noticed in your signature that we are car twins ! That’s awesome ! ☺
I played around with the MMI yesterday and I have to say : I love Apple Car play !
the only thing bothering me is the MyAudi app not working. Do you have the same issue ? How did you set it up ?
i remember I have read a post somewhere here that there was something to do during the setup that is not in the official instructions but I can’t find it anymore.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I’ve never found the MyAudi app to be of any use whatsoever. Maybe they have blacklisted me.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts