Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody !
Just put a deposit to reserve my Q3 (Audi used approved from september 2020). I should get it in a week or two. Can't wait !

Eventually, coming back to Audi, after our 3 years trip with a Jaguar e-Pace, and an Audi TT before that. We should not have left Audi.... Anyway, happy to be back in Audi's world ! :)

Just discovered this Forum, and already loving it ! Can't wait to participate ! Tell me where to start, as there is such much content, it's overwhelming ! :)

Reactions: DavidS

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Welcome aboard! We have another ex Jaguar owner member here too, Jaylees, his was Cr*p and got rejected - what was your ownership experience like?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my experience with Jaguar ?

not great. The car itself was ok, but feels a bit cheap compared to what I was expecting from a brand like Jaguar. But to be fair, we bought it new at 33k£, while we were in an Audi TT worth 51k£. So to really comparing apple to apple.
Seats not really comfortable. (I'm tall) but the driving is confortable, very smooth on the road, like driving on a cloud. :) I hope my Q3 will be as confortable.

The service quality level of Jaguar :
Not the best... Not as engaged and available as Audi. I guess it depends on the agent you are working with. Mine was not really the best. They seem to be super busy, you have to be on top of them. They don't really make you feel special.

Jaylees got rejected ? What do you mean ?

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Our member here had an F-Pace with so many problems that he rejected the car, I believe under the Sale of Goods Act if the goods are not fit for the purpose intended one can pursue a refund. Our US friends have a 'Lemon' law that does the same thing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
my experience with Jaguar ?

not great. The car itself was ok, but feels a bit cheap compared to what I was expecting from a brand like Jaguar. But to be fair, we bought it new at 33k£, while we were in an Audi TT worth 51k£. So to really comparing apple to apple.
Seats not really comfortable. (I'm tall) but the driving is confortable, very smooth on the road, like driving on a cloud. :) I hope my Q3 will be as confortable.

The service quality level of Jaguar :
Not the best... Not as engaged and available as Audi. I guess it depends on the agent you are working with. Mine was not really the best. They seem to be super busy, you have to be on top of them. They don't really make you feel special.

Jaylees got rejected ? What do you mean ?
That’s interesting we had shortlisted the E pace and have a Q2 at the minute, we wanted just a bit more leg room in the back with out being to big if you get my drift and felt the Jag didn’t fit that brief, it does look quality inside though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking at the first things I need to take care of when the car arrives.
What do you recommend I should do first ? (besides enjoy it)
I downloaded OBD11. Do you think it's worth buying the hardware ?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Welcome to the gang. You will really like your Q3 for numerous reasons. You will have all the goodies on your Vorsprung especially the pano roof. If you need any help please fire off the questions and someone here will provide you with the answers.

Reactions: PLF

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the gang. You will really like your Q3 for numerous reasons. You will have all the goodies on your Vorsprung especially the pano roof. If you need any help please fire off the questions and someone here will provide you with the answers.
do you think it's worth buying the OBD11 to tweak things around ?

·
Registered
937 Posts
The thing is, you are getting the full fat version of the Q3. I am not sure that it is worthwhile getting an OBD11.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, it sounds awesome ! I'll see when I get it, then. Thank you for the info ! I'm so excited !! can't wait !!

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
I'm with mwcltd here - however if you are still keen then enabling Video in Motion, Pulsation of the Start Button, Lock/unlock Acoustic Confirmation, Disabling the Headlight Washers (one squirt and black cars look wonderful - not) and a few other bits are possible.

Reactions: PLF

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm with mwcltd here - however if you are still keen then enabling Video in Motion, Pulsation of the Start Button, Lock/unlock Acoustic Confirmation, Disabling the Headlight Washers (one squirt and black cars look wonderful - not) and a few other bits are possible.
It might be worth, just for the headlight washer disabling. 😂
Video in motion : it’s to watch a movie while driving ?
Lock/unlock acoustic confirmation : I like ! (Only if the sound is nice. Not like the horn, I hope. But a nice chime would do. 😅

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Video in motion - yeah...very against the law too. The acoustic conf is a toot on the horn... Headlight washers if you keep it long enough for an MOT they'll have to be turned back on,,,I have a guilty feeling as I disabled them on the RS4 and that would have had its first MOT this year.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey PLF,
Welcome.
As John here mentioned I was that unlucky owner of a brand new FPace R Sport. Mine was petrol 25T.
Ordered and got it end of November 2018.
But unfortunately the most unreliable car of my life it made me remember my old bangers when I was in college.
Eventually got it rejected successfully after 2 years, I was tired of driving loan cars shifting stuff although loan cars were like full discovery and so on but still I had enough.
Probably out of 2 years half of the time car was in for repairs or Jag assist was doing something to bring it to life on my drive way.
After rejection accepted paid 45p per mile I had no options , originally was after sportback Q3 but couldn't find my configuration then found the normal Q3 vorsprung in August 2020 readily available brand new.
With some good deal.
Till this date I have done roughly over 5K miles.
No major issues or glitches so far.
Body panels are spot on, interior quality better than f pace feels solid.
I am not much of a fan for leather anyway.
Only issue was with panroof water getting into front foot wells after heavy rain.
Which dealer took care of it in fairly simple manner within few days they booked me appointment provided loan car.
I am very happy uptill now.
Since you are coming from E pace probably you will not miss a thing but would enjoy it more. E pace is front bias drive.
F pace rear bias drive but not too much to complain here.
Size was smaller but now I am used to of it infact I like it more now since in morning school runs car just squeezes in those tight spots easily.
Plus Q3 TFSI 45 is a second faster 0 to 60 and 10mpg improvement on fuel compared to F Pace.
Now gear box is something I still like from FPace that was ZF automatic doing 3 point turns was a breeze and very speedy.
My issue with gear box on Q3 is if you want to do a quick 3 point turn then it's not responsive, there is a delay when you put from D in R for first time car just hesitates and you loose the margin from on coming cars.
If you neglect what I said then gear is as smooth as it can be going forward.
I am happy since August it's been in only once for warranty work :)

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
316 Posts
@ PLF Regarding comfort just looked at your signature.
Overall it's comfortable car.
It's Vorsprung it has 20inch rims with less rubber would be slightly hard I am assuming compared to your e pace.
My FPace had 19 inch rims slightly more rubber profile.
But I like it however.
You can even make it harder if you want in settings it's got magnetic shock absorbers.
Suspension also plays a part Q3 has MacPherson strut in front.
Not sure about Epace , FPace was double wishbone in front.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks KJ for this very useful comparison ! I’m sorry to hear you had so many issues with your F-pace. Terrible experience. ;(
I think we got the same car. The vorsprung 45. I’ll keep a close eye to the sunroof.
I agree the gearbox on the e-pace is a delight. Very responsive. But I’m used to the TFSI one as I had a TT before my jag. And I remember the switch between D and R. Can be a pain when you’re in a rush. 😬

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With regards to comfort : I had 17inch wheel on the e-pace. That’s a lot of rubber. So I’m a bit worried the Q3 might be tough on my lower back. 😓 we’ll see. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It will anyway be better than my TT that was the toughest, stuck to the road. 😉

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Video in motion - yeah...very against the law too. The acoustic conf is a toot on the horn... Headlight washers if you keep it long enough for an MOT they'll have to be turned back on,,,I have a guilty feeling as I disabled them on the RS4 and that would have had its first MOT this year.
Not fan of the horn toot. 😬

and the video in motion and washers etc : can’t you switch on and off when you want ? (Like : you put it back as normal before the MOT and modify again after it passed ?

·
Registered
316 Posts
With regards to comfort : I had 17inch wheel on the e-pace. That’s a lot of rubber. So I’m a bit worried the Q3 might be tough on my lower back. 😓 we’ll see. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It will anyway be better than my TT that was the toughest, stuck to the road. 😉
You will be fine won't heart your back.
It's just when there are pot holes or those road joints sometimes you fell that hardness.
Don't know how to explain if it's big pot hole maybe suspension travel is not much so you hear a big thud.
But again that hardness helps in stability to remove that spongy feeling and makes you feel more in control at higher speeds.
Thanks.
Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bought one of the original XFs in 2010 when I retired. The first car I actually owned after many many years of company cars. It was the ultimate smooth cruiser, could do miles in it in absolute comfort - the only car I’ve had since that came close to it as a m-way cruiser was my previous E - Class but....

So, so many niggles. Windows and doors that would freeze shut at just about any temperature below 0, constant stone rash in the paint along the sills of the car, the must useless media information system and sat nav (bar a Volvo) I ever had. A rear window that would take at least 30” to demist on cold mornings. A stop start system that failed at will illuminating the dashboard like a Xmas tree and a propensity to eat tyres. A boot that whilst a reasonable size had so many lumps and bumps in it that it was difficult to get 2 large suitcases to fit.

After 2.5 years lost patience and gave up on it, in many ways a great car but I never fell in love with it due to all the ongoing minor issues. The dealer experience wasn’t that impressive either.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts