Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi good news i have been told mine will be week three build.

So delivery could be at the beginning of feb. I was asked if i would like to wait until the first of march and i said no. Before everyone jumps in and says it will effect value not being a 14 plate mine is a lease car under the motabilty umbrella so financially does not effect me in any way. I am hoping it will sneak it forward a little. If Audi knows it will be moved on and not sitting on there forecourt awaiting the magic 1st of march they might pull there finger out.
I am currently running a BMW 120d se auto on the scheme. I absolutely love the baby BMW F20,It handles brilliant, Its fast, really Fast 184bhp and 380nm, 0-62 7.1 and runs out of puff at 142 mph. I have never got below a tank average of 48 mpg plus i have never driven it like a nun. That's the good points of the BMW the bad it sits as low as a grass snake, great for handling but absolutely pants for some one that struggling to get out of it. That's the reason for change, i am getting older and more decrepit.My sons says far worse and he is still trying to get a vet to take me. I did dry other cars i even tested to BMW I3 and i loved it but not available for a wile on mobility, Its also the same height as the Q3. I tried the Q3 the other day and every aspect of the car clicked for me. Height comfort, quality power, economy. This isn't the first Audi i had i drove a A6 2.8 Quattro Auto for a few years and really liked the car and if i could get it to run on fairy dust instead of that nasty expensive thing called petrol i would still be driving it.
So After all my ranting on Feb will hopefully be a start to a new love affair. And for once i will be able to get my bum on and off the seat with out cursing a deity i don't believe in and enjoy the thrill of slinging my leg over a car sill.
Now the time will slow down to a crawl

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
As you say, that's great news.

I'd guess you could be looking at 2nd or 3rd week February to take possession. I've never bothered with hanging on for the next registration - in practice I've never noticed any difference in trade-in value* and posing value is transient at best.

* By the time I get rid of a car it always has 100,000+ miles on it and is a good seven years old - it's worth sod all anyway.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hold steady. Build week 4 for my Q3. I shall definitely hang on for 14 Reg.
It's not about future value. It's all about that brief period when you can look down on the poor buggers with last year's Reg.

By the way . Last bullet point from Gromit explains very nicely why many people lease these days and get a sparkly new car every 3 years. I'll keep my £30k+ in my pocket thanks and pay you a modest fee to use the car every month until it starts to need money spent on it , then you can have it back.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm same, have leased for last 9 years and just rent the cars for a smaller fee than dealership payments and give them back... I have gone with the dealership this time because for the first time they have got their payments to straight lease prices. I won't be worrying about waiting for a 14 plate either, after waiting since July I will be there like a shot when (if) it does actually arrive in Jan and it will be getting my private reg anyway..... Counting down ❄⛄

·
Registered
257 Posts
Dealer called to say car being built next week rather than the original week 04.Makes mid Jan delivery a possibility and I'll have to trash all my "hang on for 14 reg" nonsense!

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
That's great news - something to look forward to that'll brighten your January!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts