Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somy Q3 S-Line Quattro is scheduled to start build this week - has anyone else got the same date and have any news on a proposed delivery date? I am hoping before Christmas but feel I'm going to be disappointed

·
Super Moderator
6,028 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

It's going to be a bit tight for a Christmas delivery but not impossible. 4-5 weeks from build seems to be the average, so if it isn't ready for Christmas it probably will be between Christmas and the New Year. I think it'll depend on the ship schedule - we'll keep our collective fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
192 Posts
If possible take delivery after the new year. Pleasemake sure the dealer registers the car in 2014 and not being sneaky to get their end year sales target.

It will be worth more when you come to px

·
Registered
42 Posts
My dealer advised me last Thursday that my Q3 had been built and being shipped, he advises me that it should hit the target date of 16 December so approx. 3 weeks from build.Once its received I will advise the forum and post pics.ordered early September so just over 3 months start to finish.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Mine is week 48 and I was told to expect 2nd week Jan for collection....getting impatient!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just spoken to the dealer - think will definitely be January now with a 2014 registration but that's cool - need something to brighten up those dark January days

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's interesting - anybody got any idea why some appear to go to Germany and others direct from Spain?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Could it be
audi dealers forgetthe Q3 not madein Germany factory?

·
Registered
29 Posts
A3Going said:
That's interesting - anybody got any idea why some appear to go to Germany and others direct from Spain?
Possibly something to do with S-Line options being supplied by Quattro GmbH and not Audi? Seems a bit strange!

·
Super Moderator
6,028 Posts
I'm given to believe that the ship's normal route is via Germany but the cars do not necessarily need to go there - I could be wrong but it looks like Germany is merely a pickup/dropoff point en route to the UK.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Gromit said:
I'm given to believe that the ship's normal route is via Germany but the cars do not necessarily need to go there - I could be wrong but it looks like Germany is merely a pickup/dropoff point en route to the UK.

</font>Shipgoes up the Atlantic coast of
Francevia bay of Biscay and directTyne </font>So Audi HQ told me

</font>

·
Registered
103 Posts
The vessel that my Q3 came on called into Emden, Germany then to Sheerness UKprior to arriving at the Port of Tyne (I tracked it via AIS). Maybe depending on vehicle drop off /pick up requirments, vessel may route to single / multi places.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Did anybody watch Eddie Stobarts program about their new car transporter fleet its shows all the cars in lanes ready to go to the dealerships

The driver is given his lane number for loading some cars were audi and other vag cars

Some cars only turned up at 7am at the dealership on number plate change day

1 - 20 of 54 Posts