Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new Q3 seems to have a very bad water leak - the floor mats and carpeton the passenger side are completely soaked through. The last time I had a car with a leak this bad it was a kit car I built - did not expect this on a new Audi.does anyone have similar experience and know the likely cause? I know from experience that tracking down a leak can be very difficult.

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiTBH if your car is brand new I would take it back to the dealer and reject it.

·
Super Moderator
6,229 Posts
Ditto - not fit for purpose, reject it. Fast.

Wherever the water is coming in it's a real sod to get rid of - stains, smells, dampness etc. On a brand-new car it isn't necessary to put up with it.

Rejecting a car isn't the hassle it used to be. I had to reject the first Jaguar I had due to a gearbox problem they had already fixed, but the car just "wasn't right" (noises, slight power loss) and the dealer could not have been more helpful, apologetic or understanding.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If it's had the windscreen replaced, it could be the pur seal, a lot of inexperienced installers get it wrong on the Q3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rejection might not be so easy - it is a Motability car. Going to talk to Aberdeen Audi next week and see what they say about it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ihope they solve it as they should. Let us know the result, Broomsticklady.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Had this with the air con/heating system leaking on a 4 yr old VW Passat, which was known for it. Not acceptable on a new car.

·
Super Moderator
6,229 Posts
Broomsticklady: the fact that it's a Motability car shouldn't make any difference. As I understand it the Motability scheme is effectively a form of leasing or contract hire, you are the end user (if not the owner) and as such consumer law works in exactly the same way as if you'd bought it on finance. Furthermore, the Audi dealer is probably more likely to oblige you as Motability have a lot more buying power than any individual and thus the dealer has a lot more to lose by not handling your issue properly.

I hope all goes well next week - let us know how things develop and if you need any support (moral or otherwise) we're right here, OK?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Broomsticklady I'm also a motability customer and I would take it back due the high deposit that we have to put down on it. I'm sure audi will be more than willing to help and I totally agree with what Gromit says.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well - the root cause was a vent pipe from the A/C condenser (which passes through the firewall) fitted incorrectly, and the water draining back into the car. All of the carpet has been replaced, and we have the car back.Biggest joke was the 'courtesy car' - an A3 which is impossible to get a disabled person in and out of. Even a call to Motability failed to get us the replacement car we should have been given - very disappointing service from that perspective.

·
Super Moderator
6,229 Posts
Hi Broomsticklady - I'm really glad you've got your ride back and sorted properly.

Who are the shamelessly thoughtless bunch of arseholes masquerading as an Audi dealership that gave you an A3 of all things as a courtesy car? They might just have well loaned you a TT. Or a pair of roller skates.

Name and shame them, m'dear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts