Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any experience (good or bad) with them as they are all within easy reach of where I live.

Also will I be wasting my time trying to get a discount on a new Q3.

Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi, can't say anything about those dealers as mine is in Ipswich. In terms of any discount, Ipswich Audi made it very clear that there were no discounts to be had on Q3's as the popularity was still too high. Seems after 2 or so years on the market the Q5 still has no offers or discounts on it.

Still every dealer is different so might be worth chatting to all the dealers to see if they can persuade you to order from them...

·
Registered
44 Posts
mark3988 said:
Hi, can't say anything about those dealers as mine is in Ipswich. In terms of any discount, Ipswich Audi made it very clear that there were no discounts to be had on Q3's as the popularity was still too high. Seems after 2 or so years on the market the Q5 still has no offers or discounts on it.

Don't believe everything a dealer tells you. I managed to get a discount (albeit a small one) last year when I ordered a Q3 by picking 2 dealerships and seeing who would give the best price. They don't like it, but it works.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi Alison, Various comments have been made regarding discounts, and monetary discounts are as rare as hens teeth! However, members have sought and been given "goodies" such as the autoGlym protection and dealers have matched GAP insurance quotes. Audi GAP insurance is typically high £400+ but the Web site Direct GAP are very competitive and 3 year protection was from £130. Hope that helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies.

I thought it would be hard to get a discount because of the waiting list, but it would be nice if they could throw in a few freebies like drive select or cruise control.

·
Registered
264 Posts
No harm in asking about a few freebies , they may even have a car thats a cancelled order or a demo model that is the same spec as you want , ask them to check the stock order . I took a demo car off the showroom floor , on first week they had them in got £3000 discount , dont think they realise how big a waiting list was going to develop had mine since november still love driving it . and still see very few on the roads

·
Registered
485 Posts
It is always worth going to a dealer armed with on-line internet prices. Drive the deal are showing around £500 off and Orangewheels.co.uk about £1100 off. At least you can use this to barter and if necessary walk away.

I did this last year when we bought an A1 for my wife. The local Audi garage would not give any discount, so I went through a broker who put me in touch with a main dealer. Sure enough the local dealer was not happy when they found out.

I went back to the local garage to enquire about a Q3 armed with internet prices and probably because they lost the sale of the A1 they eventually agreed a deal, because as I said- "I know I can get a discounted car through a main dealer; it's up to you whether you want the sale or I hand it to them!"

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Setig, could;t help notice your sign off that you ordered a SE TDI Quattro in Jan for Sept delivery. Is this still the case? I ordered mine in March for September (dealer told me there was a 6 month waiting list) delivery and got a call saying it had been brought forward to 4th June. Sounds great apart from my A3 doesn't go back till September so it will have to sit in the Audi pound for 3 months...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi Mark
It is purely a co-incidence that having not heard from my dealer since I ordered it, (well I did say don't bother unless you have something to tell me) I received an e-mail 2 days ago to say that it was still a confirmed build week 29. So that will make it a September delivery I hope. Don't really want it before then and it may even be a MY2013!

·
Registered
18 Posts
talking about discounts , by what ive been reading i did well , by what you all sayon this web site and without even trying but this was back in oct11, when ordering was at the start,when i orderedit and i think dealer was trying to get solid factory orders i know i shouldnt put this in print but sod it, i will mine ... was over £1400.. but i will add, the same dealer different site but vw franchise, wouldnt give me the scappings of his nose on a vw tiguan... not even a fiver

·
Registered
44 Posts
You will always get a better discount on a stock car than a factory order one. many Q3s are heading to China but when the chimeese factory opens this December, I guess discounts will be plenty.By the way you can get a 9.5% discount off a Q5 which makes it very close to a Q3 especially when you take into account the extra bits on a Q5

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Setig, you say a build week of 29 which is July 16th, are they saying it will then take 6-8 weeks to arrive at the dealership?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi Mark
My dealer says that realistically it will take this length of time to deliver from Spain. I am not sure how it works as I have heard of various methods of delivery. It is so far away that not getting too excited about it just yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts