Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently at my local repairshop (change of tires) and they notified me yesterday that they will make a warranty adjustment to the powertrain.Powertrain Control Module to be more specific. Does anyone know exactly what this mean and what would be the faulty part? Do you have made the warranty adjustment?
If i get more info later i will post it here.
Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
No idea benji, I picked my car up on Sept 1 and haven't had any recall notices of any kind. I'd be very interested in knowing more as soon as you do and if it is an across the board warranty adjustment or specific to only certain models.

In any event thanks for posting and letting me/us know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well looks like I'm going to Audi tomorrow, a light for the exhaust lighted up just as i went home from the supermarket.I did change tires today (certified shop) and made the warranty upgrade (certified shop, same as tires but different address). Either did the tire staff break something on the car or the warranty upgrade to the power train was made incorrect or the upgrade it self knocks the light up.Maybe, just maybe, there might be an actual problem not connected to anything above but trouble rarely comes alone. I will turn on the ignition tomorrow morning before my disaster-call.
It's picking up a list of errors as going along with first gen Q3...
=/

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
This could be what i'm in for on Saturday, been told the error isn't actually an error but i need a software update.
I've never experienced it myself, i'll be asking the dealer what update i'm getting on Saturday morning and report back!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had a software update today, something to do with the Data Bus. The code on the invoice was "27d4" Edited by: sherbs

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am happy again, went to Audi this morning after a call. The had it in for a little while and the mechanic came out and said that the one who upgraded forgot to reset the warning lights after the upgrade.No more lights in the panel. I even got gloves, a windscreen wiper, sandwich, coffee, gold… nah just kidding about the gold.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hmm... no forgotten reset for me, but seems like a strange coincidence that both our cars got this light simultaneous!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I had the same software update today. As much as i do love my Q3 the dealer service is not up to the standards i got at bmw. Told to arrive at 10:30 as i promptly did, took me a while to find the service reception as there was no sign's or staff. Anyway SA tells me it'll be 12:30 until my car is ready, i should have been in at 9am. Asked if i could be dropped off locally at the shops, told yeah but they couldn't pick me up

Then i started to lose my cool, suddenly a technician is pulled off a job and my car whisked away!

Felt rushed to be honest, not that impressed!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Two updates…
I was in a car accident last week and was hit from behind in a serial accident. A car drove right into the line of cars and mine was the third of those leaving both rear and front damages including creaking noise when running over speed bumps. Hopefully i will have it fixed in a couple of weeks.(I'm ok btw just a little soar neck, thank you Q3)
A few days after the accident the darn indicator for the exhaust problem lit again (like there's not enough problems). Audi will have it in today for a computer check to see if this is a result from the accident or not. I assume it has nothing to do with the accident leaving med to believe that there might be some other error with this exhaust issue. I'll keep you posted..

** UpdateAccording to Audi the Q3 has a little to big air-filter container for the northern climate. Will be in tomorrow for an exchange of the filter tube.
Edited by: benji

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident.

Shame about the car- at least you are okay.

·
Registered
111 Posts
benji said:
...** UpdateAccording to Audi the Q3 has a little to big air-filter container for the northern climate. Will be in tomorrow for an exchange of the filter tube....
When I had mine in for a check regarding this light (which went out by itself, has not come on again, and Audi did nothing about it, just updated that other piece of software) they told me that the diagnostics showed that "the engine got too much air in the air/fuel mix for some unknown reason".
Guess this somehow fits with the "too big air-filter" in a sense...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was in for the swap of the air filter thingy and i spoke a little with the tech-guys and this was a flaw for all petrol 1.8-2.0 engines (not diesel) so they will exchange for all Q3 as i was told.Not sure if this will affect Q3 outside of scandinavia.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I received a recorded delivery letter from my dealer last Friday for a software update on the Q3.

Booked it in for following Monday. Receptionist mentioned something about the Data Bus. Said the update would take between 1 and 3 hours. They collected the car from my wife's place of work and when the car was returned the warranty invoice said-: Mechanical recall 27D4.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's the same software update they did to mine.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
And mine, except it took 45 mins while i waited. Gave me a chance to try out the service dept which wasn't great if i'm honest. Nice tea and biccies tho

·
Registered
485 Posts
Anybody know what it actually did, or notice any changes afterwards?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts