Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my previous post on the start / stop has been identified as a fault on the starter motor. The error code was stored in the car so easily identified but the item has not been replaced. Apparently because the code was not “live” Audi will not replace the item until it’s showing on the dash again

How can an item show a fault, that fault stored on the cars system but not replace it because the fault isn’t currently live?

I now have to wait until it reappears and hope it stays on the dash long enough to get it to the dealer.
Getting the feeling I’ve been fobbed off by the dealership

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
You are being fobbed off. The dealers diagnostic system has obviously shown an error code and this is repeatable. The dash lights do not show every error possibility. I would go back and request a print out of the error condition then tell them you are sending it to Audi UK.

·
Super Moderator
6,415 Posts
Also have your phone ready and get a pic of the error as soon as it appears on the dash, assuming you can't get anything done meantime. Mwcltd's right, you're being played.

·
Registered
13 Posts
On my Porsche, now gone, if a fault like that occurred you had to have a short video of the fault showing up on the dashboard ,or wherever, for them to approve a repair under warranty.
And the Porsche warranty can be extended for up to 12 years.
sws

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
By the time my wife found her phone in her handbag, switched it on and waited for the valves to warm up any warning light would have gone off.
Her Mini kept stalling after a cold start and was really dangerous exiting junctions. I even left it at the dealers overnight and drove over to show them what happens the next morning but they still said there was nothing wrong.
An indie who built the first Mini Challenge race cars diagnosed it over the phone as a blocked bypass valve due to short journeys and fixed it in a few minutes.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks for the advice guys. Iv got pics of the errors and also got in writing the error code that they cleared. Time to contact Audi customer service

1 - 6 of 6 Posts