Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching the recent floods got me wondering what the wading depth was of the Q3.

The Tiguan is 200mm and the Q5 is 500mm.

If faced with the dilemma of deciding if I should drive through floods or not, this information could assist the decision. I don't want to see a car drive through floods and follow it only to have a wrecked engine.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ground clearance is 170mm (are you confusing Tiguan ground clearance with wading depth).

Early Q3 marketing suggested a wading depth of 500mm, but this seems to have been deleted now. Might be useful asking Audi technical, or your dealer.

This generalised site suggests 20 inches (500mm), also contains useful off road driving tips
http://www.zigwheels.com/news-features/tips-and-guides/offroading-tips/8930/1

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Tiguan definitely has a wading depth of 200mm, which is quite poor really.

I thought I had read somewhere that the Q3 (UK version) had a 500mm wading depth, but can't recall where I read it. Thanks for the confirmation, but as you say it does need clarifying.

·
Registered
140 Posts
HiI appreciate this is thread is some months old but I have just come across the following.<h2>Off-road capability</h2>

With an approach angle of 17 degrees and a 12.2 degrees departure angle the Audi Q3 is ready for anything. Ground clearance is a substantial 185 mm with a wading depth of 500 mm that is more than enough to drive through shallow streams.The above was copied from http://www.inchcapeaudi.co.uk/models/q3/q3-off-road.aspx(the page takes a while to load, but gets there)RgdsMark

·
Registered
613 Posts
Is that S-line wading, or SE wading, given the ride height differences :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi JulesGood question. It does not make it clear, however unless I've read Q3 Guide wrong the SE and S Line ride height is the same unless you opt for the no costS Line Sports Suspension,lowering by 20mm, in which case I'd knock off 20mm from the wading depth.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Well, it was sufficient for me to cross an unexpectedly deep ford crossing today... Even with the added excitement of flood debris in it!

Was going to stop and measure it, but decided not to...

·
Registered
613 Posts

For the avoidance of doubt, this is a two-foot deep ford, and me not driving through it...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Right decision me thinks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts