Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
First question for the forum :)
I have now driven home my new black SLine Q3 with lots of goodies and couldn't be happier. My only disappointment has been the bluetooth streaming from my iPhone. I have driven many other late model brands and even in Toyotas now the bluetooth connection supports full track info, play/pause, skip forward/back rewind auto-play on connect etc. and yet the bluetooth implementation on the Q3 is sadly lacking. It would seem that everything has to be controlled from the iPhone itself and even the button that shouldpause/play the track actually only mutes / un-mutes the audio. Given this situation I have done much searching on the internet and the closest 'solution' I can find is this:
http://www.viseeostore.com/products/viseeo-tune2air-wma1000.html

Supposedly this just extends your existing iPhone AMI cable with bluetooth, meaning you get full iPhone integration (as you do when you plug in directly) but via bluetooth. Essentially giving the bluetooth integration that should be standard on the Q3 (in my opinion).
Anyway, most of the product information I can find on this is UK based and so I was wondering if this was a common product over there at all and if any fellow Q3 drivers have any experiences with it?
Any feedback appreciated.
Cheers, Ivan.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ivyleaf said:
I have driven many other late model brands and even in Toyotas now the bluetooth connection supports full track info, play/pause, skip forward/back rewind auto-play on connect etc. and yet the bluetooth implementation on the Q3 is sadly lacking. It would seem that everything has to be controlled from the iPhone itself and even the button that <i style="line-height: 1.4;">should[/i]pause/play the track actually only mutes / un-mutes the audio.
I don't use Bluetooth connection too often but I have tested it with iPhone, some android devices and Nokia phones, and I was able to control the devices trough the car controls (e.g., play, pause, skip).
You can see album art if the device supports certain Bluetooth profile.
Pause => mute and mute => pause.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought I would post an update since something very strange happenedtoday. Previously, nothing I did would make the MMI control my iPhone 4S via bluetooth. It would stream music fine, handsfree calls etc. no problem, but skip / pause etc simply wouldn't do a thing, and every single time I hopped in the car I had to manually start the stream from the iPhone.
Well today it suddenly started working! I can now skip tracks using the steering wheel * button, using the skip buttons on the dash and also via the MMI menu. Nothing has changed on my phone (still same iOS version etc.). The ONLY thing that is different now is that I have copied some music to the internal MMI hard drive which previously was empty. Also I have been using an SD card with some music on it. I can't explain why this would make any difference at all, but this is all that has changed.
Also now when I hop in the car, if the music was streaming from my iPhone previously, it will automatically reconnect and resume where it left off. God knows why this didn't work before, but I had tried everything over and over again and to no avail. Now I will just have to hope that it doesn't stop working just as suddenly as it started!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts