Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Myq3 is currently in for a vibration - which is really noticiable at 30-35mph through the steering wheel and again at 80mph. it was fine for 8 weeks and then one evening on the motorway appeared.

The dealership is great and doing what they can - however it appears that the demo car they havedoes the same thing and they want to test driveit to see - however it surely cant be a 'characteristic'as it wasnt there for 8 weeks.

Has anyone else experienced this vibration through the wheel - especially as 30-35mph? my created a low level vibration through the clutch rest and up my left leg - which was a very strange feeling

V

2.0 tdi s line - stronic

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi VernMy dealer rebalanced both of my front wheels last week as I was was getting vibration at shall we say motorway speeds
the tech at the dealer said if you can drive through it, it is usually wheel balance problem he also said that if it is a constant vibration it could be a buckled wheel.I haven't been back on a motorway to test as yet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi All

An update - car still vibrating at 30/35mph - I drove the demo car which is also doing it - I couldnt feel it as bad but I have faith in the technicians that it does it. The dealer has logged a quality report to Audi

I have agreed to try thecar for a week to see if it is any better/worse and then go back - it is just really odd that it didnt do it for 8 weeks and now it does ... if it is still doing it and they cant find a fault - then I will have see what happens from there - I havent spent nearly £40k for a car that is unconformatble to drive at 35 mph! which is a real shame as I love the car ..

·
Registered
41 Posts
</font>

</font>
</font>

</font></font>Hi Vern</font></font><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /></font>

</font>Was wondering how are you getting on with the vibrating
problem.After
having experienced the very high quality and reliability of my previous Audi modelI am hoping my Q3 will as good when it arrives </font></font>

</font>

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi - still a problem in fact got a bit worse - now with Audi uk - my car is going in tomorrow and they are giving me a loan car while they try further investigations to get to the route of the issue - not sure how long it will take - I have to say dealer / Audi uk giving very good customer service - I just hope they can fix it as I don't want to change the car as I love it - my only fear is how long it takes to find a fix!

·
Registered
41 Posts
VernThank you for letting us know, good to see the dealer and Audi UK are giving you very good customer service.Good luck and please keep us posted on the developments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Vern, one question, when did you start to notice this, mileage, driving conditions etc. I've now done over 700miles and not experienced this yet and hopefully won't, but...............

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had done 4000 miles when it started. It has got worse especially at around 28 mph. they are replacing the steering rack this week to see if that helps - hope so as I love the car!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Vern, 4000miles before anything, looks like I've got a bit to go yet. Changing the steering rack sounds a bit drastic. Is this fault finding by replacement? Lets hope this does sort it as I like you love the Q3.

·
Registered
23 Posts
vern,

my recently delivered (2 weeks old)Q3 S-line S-tronic has exactly the same issues, vibration from around 24-30 mph, then again from around 75-80 mph.

i have had it back to the dealers who obviously balanced the wheels, the vibration was still evident, then they contacted Audi who told them to drive the car until the tyres were at normal temperature, race back to the dealership, remove the wheels and balance whilst hot.

this was carried out but still the same.

My wife has a brand new A5 with similar 19 inch wheeels with no vibration on the A5.
last sunday, removed the wheeels from the A5 and swapped with the Q3 off road type alloys, drove the car until warm, wheels still vibrating and still pulling to the left.

what does this tell me!
i reckon that audi have an issue with the transmission or the drive shafts, but either way i will be returning this lemon!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had a slight issue with the steering wheel not leveled but was fixed right away by the Audi mechanic. no issue with vibration. i have the 2.0 TFSI 211 PS model with 18 in wheels.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi fabeaton, sorry to hear about this, it sounds bad! May I ask what sort of mileage you've done with your Q3 before the vibration appeared or was it present from the very start?

·
Registered
23 Posts
vibration and pulling to the left apparent from day one.
My wife picked up the car and left her handbag on the passenger seat, when she got home i inspected the car for any damage then dove on the dual carriagway, i then noticed the left pull and the vibration.
i mentioned this to her when i returned, she said OH i wonderedwhy my handbag was shaking all the way home!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm wondering why this wasn't picked up in the Garages inspection, it's a lemon as you say! Thanks for the heads up and I hope you get it sorted out quickly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Apparently the official wordfrom Audi is that the vibration from the front end has been narrowed down to a "software" issue.

Audi are aparently looking at various software variations to narrow it down so that they can offer a final fix.
the models effected will be recalled to the dealerships once the "fix" has been officially released.

looking back and speaking to my dealer i was laughed at when i put the idea to them that this was in my opiniona transmission issue, now it seems i may have been correct after all.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Vern, fabeaton, any update on the vibration issue? It would help a lot if you could tell me how it was resolved. I will bring my car back to the dealer to fix this issue, after driving only 500 kilometers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I contacted the Audi Customer Services people today to ask for a progress update onthe front end vibration issue. Incredibly, the girlthere insistedthere is nofront end vibration issue! Despite telling herabout the numerous cases highlighted on this website, she was adament that Audiare unaware of any such issue. I'm almost speechless- and if Audi insiston maintaining their current state of denial,I think thetime has come tobring this matter to a much wider audience.Meantime, do we know ofanyonewho has had a satisfactory resolution to this problem? And has Audiconfirmed (officially)toanyone what the root of theproblem is?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Can a site moderator link this thread to the larger front end vibration thread.?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Guys, i am experiencing the same problem on my Q3. I went to my Audi dealership the other day, like Fabeaton said, they also told me it is a "software issue". im taking my car in on Monday to be "updated" apparently, what the update does is stiffen up the steering.
They said if that does not work they are gonna replace some bushes with "heavy duty bushes". not exactly sure which bushes. But they are aware of the problem...
Just hate the fact that I spent so much money on an Audi... and this is what i have to put up with....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts