Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,At the start of the 'Audi journey', it was good to find this forum as part of my research, so a big hello to you all from the two of us in the West Midlands.I'm seeking some advice as we're completely new to the Audi experience (bothcurrently owning Japanese marques)and my other half has his heart set on a Q3. We have test driven the diesel SE model already - a nice vehicle, but the dealer was wanting top dollar for a 6-month old ex-demo with 8k on the clock. It had various options and he initiallyquoted to us - justbefore the test drive - more than £1,000 on the price that was actually displayed on the vehicle sales ticket hidden in the glove box!! Hmmmm.We're off to Halesowen Audi this Saturday to investigate further. Favoured model is the SE diesel automatic 177 (I think) version - as a starting point. I'm sure there'll be the options to addtoo...I'd appreciate any advice please if there are deals to be done on a new Q3and how longbefore we could expect delivery. I guess with such a new model, discounts may be thin on the ground and ex-demos equally so. But it would be helpful to know how far one could haggle for a decent deal....?This would be a shared vehicle and a big investment, so any advice on running costs and what it's like to live with (so far)would be much welcomed too.Many thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
There are more and more ex-demo cars available but striking a deal on new or used may be a bit of a struggle. You may find that the dealer will throw in AutoGlym or GAP insurance but getting a discount certainly on new is out of the question. You may be able to get a small amount off of a used model but they are becoming sought after mainly due to the timescales for delivery on new vehicles. Mine took 5 months but I believe that they are taking even longer now due to demand. The other reason as that Audi quote 4-6 weeks delivery time from the factory in Spain.
If you are looking to personalise your own vehicle with some options then it might best to wait for a new one but if you aren't too concerned about extras then an ex-demo is the best option but try and haggle, remember if you don't ask you don't get.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice ianv. I understand what you say about demand. We'll certainly haggle and report back on our experience after Saturday.It does seem a long wait - so I guess it'll be Oct/Nov from aroundnow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
A lot depends on whether you are trading in or part exchanging/ or willing to finance.
If no PX You should be able to get at least 4% discount despite what any dealer tells you about no discounts. Trust me, I did !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Pg220, you did well with your discount!That's something to aim for!We will be part-exchanging a vehicle as the contract hire period finishes end of August. That said, we'll still haggle hard....and see what happens.I was interested to read elsewhere on this forum about members' experiences with 'cancelled orders' that can sometimes offer opportunities (obviously if the vehicle in question is the right spec). That might be something to pursue too...but depends on what's out there....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Birmingham Audi did a great job for me an my wife with an acommpanied test drive and a few hours by ourselves. We're delighted with our 2.0TDI SE that we collected 3rd May. Maybe we'll regret not having quattro if it snows but the performance, economy, ride and handling seem excellent

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered a 2.0 TDI 140S Line on 8/1/12. Just taken delivery yesterday. Nice car. Didn't bother with a test drive as there were no Q3'sto handin early Jan. Paid full price as no discounts available at the time of order. I should have ordered the space saver wheel though (as an after thought). Shame you can't get if for £75 as an after fit. The automatic hand brake takes a bit of getting used to. Wanted to move the car from my drive into the garage. It would not budge. Eventually realised that you have to have the seat belt on before the hand brake willrelease itself (eventravelling just a couple of yards on the drive). My estimated delivery date was 30/4/12 so it was about 3 weeks late. Dealer says new factory orders now are quoting delivery around x-mas time!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts