Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

VCDS / VAG-COM

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  TheContact 
#1 ·
Had a search for a Ross-Tech VCDS but the cost is very high.
Is there a better priced solution out there to carry out modifications?

#2 ·
You can get the cables in China, but it's a copy of the Ross Tech. A more proper solution is to contact someone who owns such a cable and is willing to help you out. You can always give hima bottle or another attention :).

#3 ·
The main reason I want the cables is to be able to adjust the headlights when driving in your country, France, Spain, etc...We like to travel over on a regular basis so may be a fair number of bottles!
Are you aware of a good cable from China? And do you know what the code is to change the headlights?

#4 ·
I am not sure of the accuracy of this information, but I heard that the A1 and Q3 use the latest software which the Chinese cables don't support yet. So if you do go down this avenue, ensure the cable supports the Q3.

Am quite interested in a VAG-COM cable myself as I now have 2 Audis, it could be a worthwhile investment. Just need to learn the different codes etc...Edited by: Simon1233

#5 ·
TheContact. If you have Xenon headlights, as I do, then I was advised by my dealer that Xenons do not need adjusting for driving on the "wrong" side of the road, because of the flatness of the beam.

#6 ·
I've noticed that some other VAG forums club together to get a cable then it does the rounds when people need it

#7 ·
Rontheman - I was told by my dealer that the car needs to go into service to get the beam changed. It's a bit of a grey area this one! I did find this information a while ago:

</font>http://admin.audionlinetraining.com/Upload/SSP/506_ssp602_Audi%20Q3.pdf<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />On pg. 55:

</font>The headlights have to be adapted for driving in countries where

</font>vehicles drive on the opposite side of the road. This is done
using

</font>the vehicle diagnostic tester (address word 55 Headlight range

</font>control < Functions < Trip mode),

Still interested if someone knows if this can be done with the diagnostic cable.</font>

</font>

#8 ·
Can anyone point me in the right direction or if I should pm a member who has knowledge on these diagnostic cables and if it is possible to carry out the procedure in my last post?Going by what I found on pg. 55 if the headlight beamscan be changed using a diagnostic cable, this may help people that travel abroad ona regular basis doing it themselves when they leave and arrive in the UK so that they are legal instead of having to visit a dealer and paying them for an option that should be available through the mmi.

#9 ·
I would also be interested if anyone is able to confirm that this can be done in VCDS.

#10 ·
Hopefully most members are back from their holidays now (and had a great time) and I will be able to get an answer to my query or point me in the right direction to find out if it is possible to change headlamp beam for use in europe using the diagnostic cable. Can someone that has the software check if this option is available? Please!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.