Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys! I am trying to code my Sb with vcds, for mods like traffic sign recognition, high beam assistant and wireless carplay. I have the front widscreen camera, audi music interface, but no navigation.

According to various forums, I have all the necessary hardware, but unfortunately all of my attempts with VCDS were unsuccessful. Just to mention, that i Followed all the steps in coding, plus, left the door and hood open, as everyone states.

Did anybody here managed to do these mods in Q3 F3? Many thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not sure about your specific country spec but my Sportback came with the equipment you list as standard apart from the high beam assist.

I don’t have VCDS but was able to enable high beam assist with a dongle available from Kufatec. A simple and quick job and the dongle cost about Euro60 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeap, I ve seen it. But since I bought the vcds interface, I want to dig the software of my Sb!

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Welcome to the club nikolas_v. By the looks of it you are in Greece - its interesting how the different Audi regions opt of equipment selections for their local markets - navigation is standard here. Like Pganders1 I went down the Kufatec road to enable HBA - works perfectly (the RSQ3 already has Traffic Sign Recognition). I use an OBD11 for mod coding and enabling Wireless CarPlay is an option within that tool - would respectfully suggest that you may have to invest in one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you John! In Greece there is excessive tax when you import a car, so perks like navigation or something else equally expensive is usually opted out. I heard about OBD11, but I wanted to make sure that I have the right specs. Plus, I cant stand the fact that I have a new toy in the closet, and I cant play with it. There are lots of guys modding q3’s with vcds, hopefully I ll find one!

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Thank you John! In Greece there is excessive tax when you import a car, so perks like navigation or something else equally expensive is usually opted out. I heard about OBD11, but I wanted to make sure that I have the right specs. Plus, I cant stand the fact that I have a new toy in the closet, and I cant play with it. There are lots of guys modding q3’s with vcds, hopefully I ll find one!
If you are able to PM me (you might need a few more posts on here though) your VIN then I can put that into OBD11 and I'll be able to tell what options you could code on your car. There are lots of guys modding 8U Q3 with VCDS, when it comes to the F3 Q3 you are going to be a bit lonely :unsure:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are able to PM me (you might need a few more posts on here though) your VIN then I can put that into OBD11 and I'll be able to tell what options you could code on your car. There are lots of guys modding 8U Q3 with VCDS, when it comes to the F3 Q3 you are going to be a bit lonely :unsure:
Thanks again for your answer John, I think I will take my risk! I ll try to send you my VIN, thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts