Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everybody,
I have Q3 quth the connectivity option (SD, bluetooth and so on) I don't have the NAVI menu, I have to go to my dealer and spend about 700; I have found a site where there is the sd-card with all europe-maps, but I have to activate it with the VCDS.

Any one knows which version of the VCDS is compatible with th Q3, and how it's possible to activate the NAV menu?

thanks a lot,

bye

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiAs far as I know the SD Sat Nav can only be activatedata dealer, the card gets mated to the car via Audi's computer in Germany.It's not possible with VCDS.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi mutupa, I think Del is correct and Audi are wise to workarounds on this. It may be possible but if so nobody has posted on any of the Audi forums I read. The sd-card is paired directly with your car and is authorised at the Dealership via a connection with a central registry that pairs your cards id with the car the card is in at time of authorisation.

Happy to be proven wrong on this though. :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I think you are indeed correct, I asked about this and was told it's linked to the car so you couldn't take it out and use it in your partners A1 for example.

·
Registered
563 Posts
The fact that you can't remove it (after paying £500) and have it paired to your next Audi really is taking the P. And you know when it comes to trading the car in, the dealer will tell you that it doesn't add any value to the car, but it will when they put it back up for sale.
Edited by: Del

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I wonder how many Q3's will come onto the used market down the line with the SD Nav paid for but the previous owner removing the card, what happens then? Ahhh another £500 please.
Cheeeerrrr Chiiing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, but anyone has tried to use the VCDS with te Q3? RU sure that it doesn't appear in any of the menu of the VCDS program?

thanks anyway

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
reilsab said:
I wonder how many Q3's will come onto the used market down the line with the SD Nav paid for but the previous owner removing the card, what happens then? Ahhh another £500 please.
Cheeeerrrr Chiiing
Good thinking, I think my £500 SD card will be stay with me at trade in time

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Well technically you bought it so it's yours, however you will be more than happy to sell it back at trade time for a reasonable £498

Give me my money or the card gets it, i'm not bluffing

·
Registered
85 Posts
mutupa said:
HI everybody,

Any one knows which version of the VCDS is compatible with th Q3?
No idea. Maybe someone knows ...you need 11.11.5 or do lower Version work too?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts