Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just taken delivery of our Q3 here in sunny Spain and have been given a Spanish manual dated 05 2013 (back cover). We also requested an English version, which we have been given, but it is dated 05 2011, so we are asking anyone in the UK who has recently taken delivery what is the date of your English version manual? If it is later dated than ours then we off to the suppliers.By the way a big thank you to those who replied to our earlier request for information under the title Alcantara vs. Cloth - it helped us to choose a really good option.Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My earlier post (above) may not have been made clear enough, hence no replies.Can anyone in the UK who has recently taken delivery of a new Q3 please post me what the date of their presumably English version of the user manual is? The date can be found on the back of the manual.Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
I've had mine for just over a month (build week 21, I think) and the manual is dated 11.2012.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
... And mine, delivered four months ago (April) is also dated 11/12, so you should certainly have been given a more up-to-date version.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think the English manual is unchanged because there have been no material changes in the specification to warrant an edit and reprint. The only changes have been that some things that were previously options became standard (eg paddles with STronic, DAB etc) but this is all catered for in any case within the manual. It is possible that the Spanish manual was updated with material changes (probably the Spanish language manual covers South America etc as well as Spain), which were already dealt with in the English language version

·
Registered
302 Posts
Just to pick up on your bit about DAB becoming standard - has it yet ?? When we ordered our Q3 at the beginning of July, we were told that Audi were still having problems with it and we might not get ours with DAB ready fitted. Is it all sorted now ??

·
Registered
518 Posts
Bambi, I think you are right, though I was only making a point about the situation when some optional things become standard, it doesn't require a brochure reprint. Indeed, many things showing as optional in the UKbrochure are in fact standard in UK spec.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks, Ron The Man !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts