Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did any of you buy new Audi Q3 S Line - Registered in March 2021 or did you buy used one also registered in
March 2021. The reason I am asking this is because I have recently purchased one and according to myAudi app
the toolkit comes as standard equipment. I have part of the toolkit missing namely Tyre removal tools i.e
jack and wheel nut removal tool. Having spoken to the salesperson this is what he has wriiten to me:

I have gone to the parts department to see if this car has been fitted from factory. Looking at the build screen it shows that wheel brace and jack was never supplied with tis vehicle hence the part being highlighted in grey with no number attached to this. I also got my Sales Manager and my service manager to look into this for me so we could triple check. I also looked into 3 similar models of vehicle just to check if they had one anywhere stored in the vehicle (again I couldn’t find any).

This is the photo I have been sent regarding this car which clearly shows the jack,wheel brace etc.

Font Line Paper Number Paper product

Any info would be appreciated. Also if anyone can advice what items comes in a toolkit, ideally with photo.

Font Line Paper Number Paper product
Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
Welcome.

If your vehicle came with the optional spare wheel (not even an option for us RS owners) then you get the jack etc, if not then you get the locking wheel nut, tow hitch, a compressor and a bottle of goo.

The MyAudi App is misleading over the tool kit, if you have a pano roof fitted then you'll get a tool to close that in the event of a motor failure too.

·
Registered
2014 2.0 TDI S-Line + 177 Quattro in Arctic White
26 Posts
Morning and welcome Vinu
The wife’s 2014 has no space saver spare and no solid boot floor with space underneath, just a huge deep boot.
we do however have a compressor + bottle of tyre sealant, full jack and tool kit inc wheel chocks and first aid kit. This is situated in the rear cubby holes on either side.
hope this helps
i can supply photos if you require ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Morning and welcome Vinu
The wife’s 2014 has no space saver spare and no solid boot floor with space underneath, just a huge deep boot.
we do however have a compressor + bottle of tyre sealant, full jack and tool kit inc wheel chocks and first aid kit. This is situated in the rear cubby holes on either side.
hope this helps
i can supply photos if you require ?
Thank you for your reply. Each year's model changes with the tools supplied and I am trying to find out that the model I have acquired and the year it was registered came with jack and wheel removal tool.

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
When my RS was delivered I took the dealer to task over the 'tool kit' because the foam insert has obvious storage locations for a jack and all the other bits - but they are unoccupied - see image below. Obviously when there's no spare wheel option then there's no need for a jack either.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Product Infrastructure Architecture

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Your Q3 will not have a jack or tool kit unless these two options were specified at the time of order. However, what was supplied as standard was tyre goo and a compressor.

Reactions: RSQ3John

·
Registered
248 Posts
As Mwcltd and RSQ3john say the jack and wheel brace were an option, the tool kit doesn’t include these, iirc was about £125 option ( back when options were an option).
My previous 2021 model Q3, may 20 build (so possibly 2020MY) I think didn’t have the jack or wheel brace option and as John says not even an option on the RS.
I would question what the point of a jack is when there is no spare wheel, bar the questionable sealer which will ruin a fixable tyre, puncture will unfortunately probably equal a breakdown and recovery now☹☹

Reactions: RSQ3John

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I’ve got a jack kit plus a small first aid kit in the side cubby hole despite no spare wheel but no foam either as far as I could see. However, the jack has to be wound scarily high to lift the wheel off the ground. The physics may say otherwise but it didn’t feel stable so I put a wind up motorbike jack underneath as a least worst precaution.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If I had a scissor jack as per options I’d never use it, as you say DavidS, won’t feel safe at the hight needed. I did get a puncture on the F3 RS and was very lucky to get the less than 100m home, used wee compressor to get home and worked fine for screw in tyre which I repaired, don’t have proper TPMS, just abs led but did job so can’t complain . ContiSilent foam did make a bit interesting but after investigating was repairable 👍👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts