Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
We've just ordered a Q3 SE, which is due in 8-10 weeks.
We was wondering what Audi MMI cables come with the car. I was hoping to be able to connect my hard drive to the Q3 as it's bundled with thousands of tracks.
Noticed on the Audi accessories website that you can purchase a USB adapter cable for the connection, thoughdidn'twant to do this if the car came with them as standard.
Have asked the dealer, who don't seem to have a clue, despite me calling on four occasions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Simple answer.. none.
However, from my experience it shouldn't be too hard to get one thrown in depending on what the rest of your deal included.
Note there are limitations on how the MMI system will handle media. I forget exactly but I think it is something like limit of 4000 tracks in total from USB (or SD), no more than 1000 per folder and no more than 200 playlists. This is from memory... the numbers here will not be spot on.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You can get one thrown in for free, just tell them that every dealer has said they would do this.
Also, if you want to connect to an iPhone and have cover art display then you need the RED grommet AMI cable - not the blue one.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The cable comes free with the car. I asked it at the dealer afterwards and he gave it to me, it even had my order number on the pocket.

·
Registered
563 Posts
As far as I know you are entitled to a cable of your choice, my dealer asked at the time of hand over what I wanted.

·
Registered
85 Posts
YW. FYI,In our country you have a free check up after 1500km too (900 miles). So if you are interested...They just check the oil, other fluids,doors and if 'everything?' is OK, as far as I know.Doesn't take long, you can just wait for the car and don't have to make an appointment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I picked up my car they checked what I wanted to connect and gave me two cables

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok BuoyC. Let's hope my dealer is as generous.
I find it so strange dealers can differ so much, with the level of good will in general; with all manufacturers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just tested my RED gromit cable, and getting album artwork and videos displayed

Thanks for the heads up to make sure I got the correct cable (Free at handover)

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Somebody called me?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Black Pudding said:

No problem mate!

·
Registered
114 Posts
suparockin said:
Black Pudding said:

No problem mate!
Going by my dealers usual standards, they would have given me the wrong cable (if any!) if I hadn't known about this.
Result

·
Registered
115 Posts
I asked for the 'cable that shows artwork on the MMI' and got the wrong one, nothing more annoying than your new toy not working!

·
Registered
114 Posts
suparockin said:
I asked for the 'cable that shows artwork on the MMI' and got the wrong one, nothing more annoying than your new toy not working!
Lol, indeed

I have loads of music videos, plus a few films on my iPhone, so I will always be entertained in the car

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can you stream movies via cable to the mmi screen thats standard in the car directly from your phone or do you need an additional package to do this?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Also, Mrs has iphone and I have Samsung so I assume to different cables needed? Need to make sure i'm asking for the right ones at handover.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I think its the cable with the red gromit that supports covert art and videos. Im sure there has been threads on this before.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There likely has been GC but cannot find all the info needed after scrolling through quite alot of threads.
Will speak with the dealer at handover and try & get all cables needed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts