Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered my Q3 in Japan when it debuted last month with the standard cloth seats. i could not convince my wife because of the additional cost (approx. $3,800). Could you tell me if it is possible to upgrade to leather seats later. Btw, do you recommend spending additional $3,800 for the leather seats?

i also tried to add the Bose sound system but was told by the dealer that this would delay my oder by 6 months. My Q3 will be delivered by end of June with Audi Sound System.

·
Registered
563 Posts
HiIf your car is being delivered at the end of June then your car is either built or being built as we speak, I would say it has probably been built.The only way to upgrade the seats later would be to buy new seats (very expensive) or find a coach trimmer who would be able to replace the cloth sections with leather, personally I would say leave them as they are, although I wish I had gone for the alcantara option.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Del said:
HiThe only way to upgrade the seats later would be to buy new seats (very expensive) or find a coach trimmer who would be able to replace the cloth sections with leather, personally I would say leave them as they are, although I wish I had gone for the alcantara option.
There are retro kits available for about £1000 where they recover your original seat, alternatively have it retrimmed by a coach trimmer for about £1500-2000.GB

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Del, GeeBe,

Thanks so much for the reply. i finally convinced my wife to get the black Fine Nappa leather seats. Unfortunately this chnage will push back the delivery date by 2 to 3 months.

pekX2to

1 - 4 of 4 Posts