Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have activated LAPTIMER function which comes together with oil temp indication and boost graph.

Oil temp starts to be displayed only when the actual oil temerature is equal or above 60 deg C. Below 60 deg it shows : --

Question: for those who have this option activated - do you have the same "problem"?

thanks

PS. FYI :To activate LAPTIMER : 17-INSTRUMENTS - adaptation 10 - roll down menu - laptimer - change "not active" to "active"

update: Laptimer activation is done through VCDS software and RossTech cable connected to car's OBDII plug
Edited by: gienol

·
Registered
389 Posts
I am afraid I don't have this activated but will be doing this asap. Can you give a little more detail on the instructions though please? I don't even know what 17 - Instruments means?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Sorry for my mental shortcut...

You have to have VCDS software and Rosstech cable.

See link: http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/scm_screen.html

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
No use at all for the lap timer but the oil temp might be a very nice little addition, I would assume the temperature will not show until it reaches 60C because under that the ":---" indicates that the oil is too cold for "racing"

On my Mercs the rev counter upon starting had an orange/red portion indicated that meant "stay away" until the oil was warm, when warmed the warning marker disappeared.....then you could rev until the valves bounced

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thank gienol!!
I've been wanting to this for a while and followed the instructions on various sites, but to no success. I'll have a go at it tonight.
What is the boost meter?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Turbo Boost...........Brrrmmmm, brrmmmm

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
desert_trvlr said:
Thank gienol!!
I've been wanting to this for a while and followed the instructions on various sites, but to no success. I'll have a go at it tonight.
What is the boost meter?
This worked OK for me also. I've been looking for this for a while and found no sucess until now. Anyway updated via VCDS OK. Not started engine up yet, but assume the Boost part will display then, (with engine running). Only get the Oil temp :--- at the moment, and of course the lap timer in zero's.

·
Super Moderator
5,640 Posts
Riiiiiight...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Boost meter is rather for fun - it doesn't show any value ( PSi , bar) - just you can observe if it's high or low or if blow-off valve is working....

·
Registered
340 Posts
gienol said:

Boost meter is rather for fun - it doesn't show any value ( PSi , bar) - just you can observe if it's high or low or if blow-off valve is working....
To be honest, all I wanted was the oil temp display...but if it comes as part of a package, then so be it.

·
1,100 Posts
I get the value of the Oil Temp, thanks for showing us. As for Gromit...

Will have to try it when I'm back with the car.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ok tried this earlier tonight. Oil temp displays just fine. But I have no boost display. Is there something else needed to allowthis?? As I said... not too bothered, but the initial picture shows both. Where the boost is shown, is where my currently selected radio station appears. Never tried with the media off though...Any clues gienol please??

·
1,100 Posts
It's cos you have the 1.4... There is no boost

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
CocoPops said:
It's cos you have the 1.4... There is no boost
Yep, needs to be a Puff Gauge......

·
Registered
340 Posts
Found it...... In VCDS again....looking at Adaptation mapping matrix for 17-INSTRUMENTS, there is indeed a boost pressure option, which on mine is set to OFF. Will set this to ON and see if Boost is displayed.FYI :To activate LAPTIMER : 17-INSTRUMENTS - adaptation 10 - roll down menu - lapcounter - change "not active" to "active"Will report back tomorrowHere's a dump of my Adaption mapping from VCDS.https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8s7yof34f5plly/adpmap-17-8U0-920-990-D.xlsx?dl=0

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'll get back to you on that later...see my other post. Might not be as much puff as yours, but it's cleaner and cheaper.

·
1,100 Posts
Just kidding

I'd rather mine had a 5pot petrol, but budgets didn't stretch that far. :(

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Yes well, I couldn't really say my next Q3 (or whatever) will be a Petrol powered (and hopefully electrikery), could I........

·
Registered
340 Posts
Boxbrownie said:
Yes well, I couldn't really say my next Q3 (or whatever) will be a Petrol powered (and hopefully electrikery), could I........
I do fancy trying the A3 E-tron, but moved from an A3 sportback to a Q3. I like both but the Q3 wins over access/egress and driving position. Now, if a Q3 hybrid comes along..... Hmmmmm!!!!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts