Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I start the car, music plays. I can't find how to prevent this - I know there has to be an easy way to do it, but I can't find it in the handbook. Can anyone help me?

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
You can turn off the MMI permanently by pressing the radio OFF button and holding it in for a second or two.

There is a downside to this though - the MMI includes the Bluetooth link to your phone.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Maybe a workaround if you need the MMI for bluetooth or something else: record an mp3 without sound and put it on repeat in the options.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Can you set the radio volume on the lowest setting in MMI on start up

·
Registered
100 Posts
There is nothing you can do , it drives me mad every time I get in the car the music comes on ...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gromit's answer works! Just hold in the off button for a couple of seconds just before you power down and it doesn't come on as soon as you start up. Thanks again, Gromit.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The MMI always puts the sound back to 12 when you switch off, i need to keep turning it up everytime i start the car. Tried to find a way around it but there isn't one.

·
Registered
184 Posts
reilsab said:
The MMI always puts the sound back to 12 when you switch off, i need to keep turning it up everytime i start the car. Tried to find a way around it but there isn't one.
I think that is how the system is designed. The sound system the A4 I had a few years ago was the same. It is not always a bad thing though - when I get called out in the middle of the night, it stops me waking the neighbours blaring out the tunes!

·
Registered
85 Posts
My sound is staying at the sound level I put it without having done something. Always a surprise to start the car with little eyes in the morning and having ACDC screaming your brains out in the morning after a 'heavy evening out' :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.