Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I bought a second hand Q3 yesterday (2012 reg). Everything worked as it should on the viewing and we opened and closed the doors plenty. I got fuel on the way home and again no problems with locking and unlocking then.
This morning I came out and unlocked it but the drivers door wouldn’t open from the outside (but would from inside) All the other doors would open fine though. Once I got in by opening it from the inside, I locked it again and tried again and the door opened fine! I locked it and left it 10 minutes then came back to try again and the drivers door opened fine again this time.... but passengers door wouldn’t! I fiddled with the key fob and tried unlocking with the key in the door but nothing would work. I managed to open all the windows with the key fob but not the door!! The fact that it was first the drivers door and now the passenger door has really confused me as it can’t be the door handle that’s broken....
Any advice would be great.
Thank you

·
Registered
2021 Q3 35TFSI SLine Daytona Grey sound and comfort pack, puddlelights
111 Posts
I am no expert hear in fact I don’t even own a Q3 at the minute but have trawled through endless posts on hear before ordering, it sounds like could be the battery in your remote possibly ?
worth a punt in changing it unless some one with more wisdom than me points you else where good luck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had this happen once when the cold weather started but it hasn't happened since even after it got much colder. Put it down to a glitch to keep an eye on.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hi all!
I bought a second hand Q3 yesterday (2012 reg). Everything worked as it should on the viewing and we opened and closed the doors plenty. I got fuel on the way home and again no problems with locking and unlocking then.
This morning I came out and unlocked it but the drivers door wouldn’t open from the outside (but would from inside) All the other doors would open fine though. Once I got in by opening it from the inside, I locked it again and tried again and the door opened fine! I locked it and left it 10 minutes then came back to try again and the drivers door opened fine again this time.... but passengers door wouldn’t! I fiddled with the key fob and tried unlocking with the key in the door but nothing would work. I managed to open all the windows with the key fob but not the door!! The fact that it was first the drivers door and now the passenger door has really confused me as it can’t be the door handle that’s broken....
Any advice would be great.
Thank you
Hi,
I might be wrong have you tried to press key fob unlock button twice?
I don't have 2012 Q3 but some cars on first unlock press open only drivers door rest remain locked.
Upon pressing unlock button twice unlocks all doors.
Security reasons.
In new Q3 there is a setting in mmi how the doors unlock just the drivers door or all four doors.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

Reactions: manfrotto

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
There is a way of resetting the key fob to the car which I have seen on this site. This might be worth a try.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've had this problem with my Q3, it turned out to be dirt, took it through the car wash and all worked good again, if your Q3 is clean then I can't help I'm sorry to say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts