Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Does anyone have unde rseat storage in their Q3?

I'm finding the lack of hideaway storage in the boot ( I don't have the spare tyre) a bit of a nuisance and thought I might fit the under seat trays as a solution( assuming the parts are available)

Tony

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yes, I have the storage pack, the under-seat trays are very small and will hold a pair of sunglasses and a few pens but not much more really. I've had more use out of the storage immediately to the right of the steering wheel just above knee level, I wouldn't recommend retro fitting them even if you can.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi I have the storage pack, and you must have huge
sunglasses..

I manage to get a Tom Tom, it's charge and screen suction cup, plus a charger for my iPad under the drivers seat.

The storage by the knee is great for sunglasses though,

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi KeithAgree with Contrition - waste of money. If Audi stated the size of the "storage space" in the brochure they wouldn't sell many - VERY small awkward space indeed. They should check out the under seat stprage in the nre VW POLO - puts Audi's idea to shame.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys

A storage bag for the boot it is then!

Tony

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's an odd sized space, the hinge is at the bottom and they drop open forward, I have a pair of sunglasses in a case under mine and the passenger seat has a packet of the Autoglym birdwipe sachets that came with the car, that's about it. I must have big glasses Mark and fairplay for squeezing in what you have ;)

I wouldn't spec' it again given the choice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
mmm! Sounds like the storage under s-line seats is different from an SE. (see Mark3988 vs Contrition)
The SE is a pull out drawer with a useful amount of space. Certainly get 3 or 4 pairs of glasses in there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The pull out drawer is a good idea - had it on previous vehicle - but the S line has a pathetic hinged door that.... well just opens out to reveal a tiny amount of space. A hanky fits in there - just . lol.Mal

·
Registered
24 Posts
Since I was not after the S-line, I didnt really notice but I assume the cost of the storage pack is the same for both s-line and SE. The S-line version does sound like a waste of time; although the nets and hooks are also nice to have. I reckoned on the SE it was the best value option I went for.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi, as there seems to be a difference in the design of the storage between S line and SE, thought I'd throw a quick pic up of the SE storage which I find really useful.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would be very happy with that Mark, it may be because the S line comes with sports seats? I have about a 1/3 of that space under both front seats. Thanks for uploading the pic.

·
Registered
129 Posts
mark3988 said:
Hi, as there seems to be a difference in the design of the storage between S line and SE, thought I'd throw a quick pic up of the SE storage which I find really useful.

Here is a picture of the S Line under seat storage bins they were taken from my 2012 S Line & re fitted into my 2015 FL S Line + both with sports seats.
Part No's are embossed on the bottom But please check with your dealer first for fitment to your vehicle.
I used the instructions from the following website http://www.audienthusiasts.com/projectunderseatbin.htmlalthough I did not remove the seat bolts & trim I just slid the seat back fully then pumped it up to its maximum height to gain enough height to work, albeit like a contortionist using a light to aidseeing under the seat for the speed fix fittings.Do note the bins are handed so different partNo's for each need to be ordered.Hope this helps, it is a very simple task & completed within 30mins total.
Edited by: S Line

·
Registered
79 Posts
I went for the storage package for my 2015 fl Q3 , very small under seat compartments not sure yet what I could use them for, but nets at the back of the front seats are useful.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Yes, this is yet another advantage of the "standard" seats (as was) - the underseat storage drawers included with the storage pack are huge compared with those for the sports seats. I find mine incredibly useful but the S-line equivalents are too small to be any good at all.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Gromit said:
Yes, this is yet another advantage of the "standard" seats (as was) - the underseat storage drawers included with the storage pack are huge compared with those for the sports seats. I find mine incredibly useful but the S-line equivalents are too small to be any good at all.

I have replaced standard "manual" seats with standard "electric" ones. Tried to install drawers in electric seats - no room. So one can have roomy drawers only with standard and manual seats.... :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
After my recent diet i find my drawers also rather roomy.
Come on somebody had to say it before BB and G get to it

·
Registered
757 Posts
S Line said:
I used the instructions from the following website http://www.audienthusiasts.com/projectunderseatbin.htmlalthough I did not remove the seat bolts & trim I just slid the seat back fully then pumped it up to its maximum height to gain enough height to work, albeit like a contortionist using a light to aid seeing under the seat for the speed fix fittings.Do note the bins are handed so different part No's for each need to be ordered.Hope this helps, it is a very simple task & completed within 30mins total.   
Interesting, but the link to the site says it is suspended. Late paying the rent perhaps?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
reilsab said:
After my recent diet i find my drawers also rather roomy.
Come on somebody had to say it before BB and G get to it
Left yourself open there matey...........lots of room in your draws eh? Grow a pair!

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
oakey46 said:
S Line said:
I used the instructions from the following website http://www.audienthusiasts.com/projectunderseatbin.htmlalthough I did not remove the seat bolts & trim I just slid the seat back fully then pumped it up to its maximum height to gain enough height to work, albeit like a contortionist using a light to aidseeing under the seat for the speed fix fittings.Do note the bins are handed so different partNo's for each need to be ordered.Hope this helps, it is a very simple task & completed within 30mins total.
Interesting, but the link to the site says it is suspended. Late paying the rent perhaps?
I've just fitted a sports under seat storage tray and found a workinglink for the above instructions - http://www.audienthusiasts.com/ProjectUnderseatbin.html

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
630 Posts
And the only difference is that upper-case P & U. The original link now gives a 404 error which is more reasonable.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts