Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what make,and line of tyres,are currently fitted to the TDI S-Line standard 18"wheel.Have these changed since first releases.Do Audi tend to change suppliers often.Finally,what are your views,regarding grip and road noise etc.of the current offerings ???

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Wal.
On the 18 inch wheels the Continental cross contact and Pirelli Verde are the two most likely fitments. Both tyres can be supplied with AO markings on the sidewalls to signify Audi approved versions. Other forum members in old posts mentioned these tyres as fitments to their vehicles. In my opinion as a tyre shop owner for nearly 30 years I would say these tyres will be the dominant fitment for the foreseeable future. The next post here will probably say that their Q3 is fitted with Toyo or Hankook.

·
Registered
563 Posts
235/50 R18 Continental Cross Contact UHP on mine.Tyreman could you explain the AO markings in a bit more detail, cheers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Del.
Major tyre manufactures put letter codes on tyres AO for Audi MO for Mercedes ,Porsche have many NO, N1,N2. Jaguar have a J. Hopefully this explains the general methods. Fingers crossed just after your tyre size there should be an AO. In the case of your tyre make it is also available without the AO. Is the with and without a different tyre? The tyre manufacturer would say it is different and fine tuned to the car manufactures aspirations. In my experience Porsche owners seem to be more aware and insistent on the correct fitment.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thanks TyremanI never knew about these markings.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow Tyreman,What a mind of information.Thanks alot.
Will be looking keenly when my baby finally arrives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts